+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Big Bed Time?

I started trying to get my now 22 month old daughter ready for a big bed when I was pregnant with my now 6 week old son. She didn't like it much and I gave up. Mind you, I was very light hearted about it and didn't try very hard.

I have just found out that she has been sleeping in a big bed at her day-care since the beginning of March! And apparently she has no problems at all.

I have just thought about this again after she has gone down for her daily nap in her cot, so will try at bedtime. I am going to put her little kids pull out lounge thing in her room and try and get her to sleep on there.

Any other ideas? When I do get a single bed for her, is it necessary to get a bed rail?? I am excited for her to have a big bed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Maybe it is time

Hi Hazel
    When we bought my daughter a big bed, she was excited by just the mattress and WANTED to take her daytime nap on it. We let her do that and then a bit later bought sheets and a pretty doona. We left it made up for a few days and then asked her if she wanted to have her night time sleep there to and she said yes. I guess she was just ready.

We bought her a bed rail. Other people we know put another mattress below the bed for them to fall on, but their children then rolled UNDER the bed and couldn't get out - so big fun for everyone on the middle of the night. DD1 still likes her bedrail (although while on holidays has slept in a bed without one - no probs).

Best of luck