+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 11 week old rolling over in sleep

Help!! My 11 week old baby girl has started to roll over from her back to her tummy in her sleep... sometimes up to 5 times a night!! Does anyone have any experience with this and do you know of any products which can help my husband and I get more sleep?

Many thanks
    Ella's Mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi
    I had exactly the same prob at the same age.
    I rang the hot line and got up all night long to roll her back and check she was still alive.
    I did buy a wedge but she hated it more than anything,she wanted to be on her tummy,so I did alot of tummy time in the day and kept trying to teach her to roll back the other way(that way she could roll back if need be)
    Well after a week or 2 of sleepless nights I could not do anything & slowly got comfortable with it,she was very strong and had graet head control & still will only sleep on he tummy now at 17.5mths.
    Sorry I can not help you more but maybe try a wedge or a roll your bub may not mind it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your info ... I'll try it out tonight and see how we go. Great to know that I'm not the only one with this little drama.

Me: 26
    DH: 27
    DD: 11 wks

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try a Safe T Sleep (developed by the NZ equivalent of Tresillion).

They are a bit pricy but my son loves his. It is fabric with a cylinder that he gets velcroed into so he stays in one place. It looks a bit like putting him into a straight jacket and I was a little uncertain at first but it was recommended by Sheyne Rowley and we desperately needed something to help him sleep. I tell him he's being wrapped up nice and snug like a big hug and he doesn't mind at all, in fact its a great sleep signal now. It also means we can keep wrapping him and it can be used instead of a portacot when we are away from home simply by wrapping it around a bed rather than a cot mattress.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rolly Polly Bub

Hi Ladies

An update on the situation .... my DD is still rolling over in her sleep and we have now given up getting up to roll her back over. Instead we have a new issue of her wriggling on her tummy and hitting her head on the end of the cot!!! Cheeky little one

For anyone else who has babes in this situation, I have spoken to Sids for Kids and they have told me that in my situation there is very little I can do. Just put her to sleep on her back and she will find her own sleeping position. Give her lots of tummy time when awake so that she can learn to roll back over and keep up doing everything else that Sids for Kids recommend.

Good luck to all of the other mums who have similar babies. If you are also in the situation and need some support I am happy to help you through the time just PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OH sweet pic she looks like she is in bliss with her new sleeping position!!
    Like I said above my DD still sleeps on her tummy & loves it..
    She will roll the other way soon enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lillismummy

My DD has only in the last couple of days started to roll back onto her back when she is awake ... to which she gives the cheekist smile at me if I'm watching her. I'm feeling much more at ease with it everyday now.

Thankyou to everyone for your comments!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default i have those probs too

the hitting head on the cot (and pobably legs sticking out too) i started by putting some rolled up cloth nappies a long side the bed like bumpers and it tighted the sheets i place so he doesnt kick them off ( didnt always work) then his legs would hang out so my husband [safely] wrapped a beach towel along the length of the cot an secured it at either end so his little legs dont poke out and he doesnt rest his hed on the wood. the things you do.
    have you tried wraping her up like when she was a little baby? i heard that might help too.

has anyone read thats life mag article baby whisperer? get it if you havent. she gets your baby to sleep. bit like the nanny. i so want her to come to my house!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of my girls slept on their tummies once they could roll. I was worried when my first did it, but gave up worrying as she is a tuff little cookie.

About the baby whisperer: I read the book when I used to pat my first to sleep each time and she got too big and heavy for this. After 3 attempts at putting her on her back in her cot, she went to sleep, I was so pleased with myself. I got into the same bad habit with #2 and have started doing that again and now she sleeps much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummy22 I did a similar thing the next night with the towels and it worked a treat ... no more waking up due to heads getting hit on the ends of the cot.

With the wrapping of DD I have read somewhere (can't remember exactly where) that it is not recommended to wrap bubs once they can start to roll over. Not that it matters as DD still manages to get out of the wrap anyway, so didn't keep her on her back.

I havn't read the baby whisperer but I have heard that her book is excellent.