+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    greengables is offline love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.. love never fails.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Angry Vent! People without prams parking in the parent-with-prams parking spots!!!

Tonite DD, DH and I went shopping at our local Westfield mall.

We looked at the parent-with-pram spots but they were all full...luckily got another spot nearby (I am 40weeks pregnant!).

As we were walking in, we saw a mum and her approx 10yr old son (sitting in the front) jump into their car IN THE PARENT WITH PRAM spot and drive away!!! I was SOOOOOO mad and wanted to go and knock on her window and tell her how unfair and selfish she was being!! I didn't though (must be hormones - am feeling feisty and fearless a bit).

What do u think of this?

I wouldve thought as a mother she would remember how tough it can be with a small baby/toddler and respect the parking rules!! But it seems that even mothers 'forget' and just not thoughtful of other newer mums...whatever happened to the 'mumma sisterhood'???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this makes me sooo angry.
    It was raining one day and a car pulled right into the prams park just before us, it was a younge couple with no children AT ALL.. I felt like giving them the what for and a mouthfull more

greengables is offline love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.. love never fails.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer85 View Post
    Oh this makes me sooo angry.
    It was raining one day and a car pulled right into the prams park just before us, it was a younge couple with no children AT ALL.. I felt like giving them the what for and a mouthfull more
    I know. I guess what really upset me was that this woman was (or appeared to b) a mum!

What would the solution be for this apart form people's honesty? (ie disabled parks you need a permit)...I guess there's no way of getting a permit for a pram...unless u got one from the hospital when u had a baby and it lasted say 18mths or something......?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A shopping centre rent a cop asked me to move because i did not have a pram , i was 39 weeks preg though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by charleesmum View Post
    A shopping centre rent a cop asked me to move because i did not have a pram , i was 39 weeks preg though
    Oh well that's mean! U should've been allowed

punkbaby is offline Got it back :D
    Winner 2007 –The most helpful member award & The member
    you’d most like to meet in real life award & The newbie of the year award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I cant stand it it annoys me, now i only use them if i have the kids on my own if i have dh with me i am not too fussed as its easy with him to help, naturally i dont want to drag 3 kids through a car park

Most of the time i will get a park elsewhere though now that kids are a little bigger as i usually dont take the pram with me so figure its not right to park there

I just cant stand how people abuse them and also the seniors and disabled spots as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofgreengables View Post
    Iand respect the parking rules!! ?[/B]
    what rules??

ive actually never seen any rules anywhere near these parking spots.

i often park in them at our shops to take one of the kids to her after school sports. i meet dp and hand him the baby and pram and do some shopping and take it back to the car with one or two walking children and leave in my car and dp takes bubby in the other car.

you dont know everyones situation.

today i looked for parking and the level was all full bar one PwP parking but the car in the spot next to it was parked so close to the line i knew id have trouble getting kids out on that side and he/she would probably hit my door trying to get into their car.

my dd (cop in the making) informed me loudly that ther was no carseats in that car, no booster, H strap, toy, shoes or anything else that would give away a kid had even sat in it...

the way the car was parked made me mad ...

seeing a child in the car parked in a PwP would not have mad me mad.

punkbaby is offline Got it back :D
    Winner 2007 –The most helpful member award & The member
    you’d most like to meet in real life award & The newbie of the year award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    They dont actually enforce the pwp parking you can dob someone in but they just tell them to move their car! I feel sorry for those who have to drag kids across the parking lot its more safety than anything i think thats how i see it

Thanks
    Reviews
    She clearly didn't have a small child or a pram.

I on the other hand had a beach ball belly and a sprinting jumping jackrabbit of a 22mth old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjfaz85 View Post
    I get sick of people whinging about if you dont have a pram dont park there.
    God I love parking close to the shops with DS (he is 3) and only having to bribe him and drag him a few mtrs rather than 100!! lol
    See that I understand - u have a little one! I don't thinkit is even about the pram.

The lady I saw had a pre-teen son (who could cross roads on his own etc)