+ Reply to Thread
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Donor Sperm in Australia????

Well I'm not sure this is in the right place or whether I'm even allowed to ask this question but here goes....

I'm just a little curious as to how donor sperm in Australia works.... moreso for research purposes at present than anything else.... Is it possible to get anonymous donor sperm for home insemination in Aus or is that just an American thing??? Are you able to import donor sperm into Australia???

If anyone has been down this path and would love to share their story that would be great....

The more I think about things in my life the more I realise I don't think I ever want a man in my life ever again.... I would be more than happy to have lil P be my one and only little cherub, but I also know that to some degree this option is within my grasp if I want it.... which is somethiing I may just want to consider a couple of years down the track.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can get donor sperm in Australia although theres a huge shortage of donors at present. I was looking at a place called Albury Reproductive Medicine (I think it's called that) and they do donor insemination where they insert the spermies into you at the right time of the month. You can find your own donor or you can get them to find you one. They don't do it in SA or VIC at present so I'm not sure where you are located.

I put my name on a waiting list with the place in Albury and she said it takes a couple of years minimum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, now I can see your in NSW. Maybe google donor insemination and see where the clinics are near you.