+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stitched or Glued???

Hi Ladies,

I have a beautiful DD who was born via emergency c section. I have a friend who had her baby 24 hours later and the same surgeon delivered her baby however, my wound was stitched together and hers was glued.

Is there a reason why you get stitched?

Does one method heal quicker?

Don't know much about this and can't find much on the web. If anyone wants to share any information that would be great.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive never heard of glue so I cant help you there. Maybe is has something to do with the type of skin you have? When ever I get a scar it turns out all lumpy. I think its called keloid scars. With my c-section I had internal disolvable stitchers. I was sewn up like a football.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    ewwwwww no no no .. I would want stitches (it was one question that I asked my OB before I committed to him ... I wanted to know .. IF I had a c-section .. would it be staples?? stitches?? or glue )

I WANT STITCHES!! the idea of glue scares me .. what if it doesn't hold??

JMO though

x
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never heard of glue before. I had external stitches with DD and with DS they used disovable ones sewn from the inside. I would say disolvable stitches aid healing as they don't need to be removed (removal of external stitches were very painful with DD as they just ripped them out ) Was her c/s an emergency? Maybe they needed to close her up quick? It seems strange the same surgeon would use different techniques in a 24 hour period.

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Absolutely not the same as a c-sect I know but my son had a head injury not too long ago and it was glued and not stitched. Dr said it doesn't scar as badly with glue.
    Not the same as a c-sect at all, just thought I'd mention it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had dissolvable stitches for both of my c sections thank god, the thought of glue scares me!! How would it keep all your insides inside???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What happens with staples, how long do they stay in for? I don't like the thought of anything other than dissolvable stitches.
    I am having an elective CS (for medical reasons) with my next bub and I hadn't even thought about this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I had dissolvable stitches.

If I ever had to have a caesarean again, it'd be what I'd want... I don't trust the idea of glue, nor do I want staples/stitches to be REMOVED after a certain period of time. Gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a midwife and have never seen a c/section scar being glued. Quite bizarre really. Small lacerations on the head etc., but never bigger wounds like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glue? Weird, that would not be as strong as a stitches or staples?? Surely?

I had staples on the external side, my scar is already almost non visable.

When they took the staples out it was completely painless as they have a special tool, the staples just slid out (i watched).