+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just reply to PM.

You take care and hope you give us more good news of your twins progress.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Being A Egg Donor

Hi All

I am new to all this I have just become a egg donor and I am awaiting the agonising wait with my recipient to find out on the 1st of December if she is pregnant or not. I think more people need to do this, to see the look on my recipient's face just knowing that they had a potential donor gave her hope knowing that they could have that dream they've been waiting for even though maybe at the end it could not work out which is very sad. I think a lot of people are put off with the process believe me I cant say that I wasn't as I am so scared of needles but I just kept thinking this is all worth it as I know how I felt when I became pregnant and I could only hope to give someone the same feeling one day. I can only hope more people become donors so more people can get a chance at happiness and live the dream they have dreamt of my heart goes out to you all and only hope you all find your donor's one day..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to colkat For This Useful Post:

Nan Beauchamp (24-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can I donate???

I've considered egg donation but am unsure if I can since my family has a history of diabetes, such as my father and his two parents. Thats it through compared to his 5 brothers and sis. So I blame it on diet and not genetics. How do I know if I can donate??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The best way to find out for sure would be to ring your closest IVF clinic and ask them...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thalassaemia

Hi,

Can you still be an egg donor if you have Thalassaemia Minor?

Having Minor means nothing genetically in regard to health issues. It just means that you need genetic testing with potential partners (or in an egg donor scenario - the sperm) to make sure that the male partner isn't a carrier also. As if they are then there can be a Thalassaemia Major baby, which can cause problems.

I'm assumming they would do genetic testing and if okay, it would then be up to the potential parents to decide whether to accept the eggs for donation or not. Is this right?

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ogilberry View Post
    i donated earlier this year and had the implanon removed two weeks prior the doctor told me that he controls the eggs and the hormones so off we went it was quite easy i feel and hope that more women donate it is the best present you will ever give anyone and it will cost you not a cent...it is a great feeling

if you want to pm on being a donor happy to chat about the whole experience..

fiona
    brisbane qld:tree:
    Ogilberry,
    On behalf of all of us who are awaiting an egg donor angel to complete our familes, thank you for a little insight into your experience - and good luck to all on their own journeys

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi
    im new here and have been reading up on surrogacy and egg donors. there is so much to take in. its probably already been written in one fo the replies but how long (as an estimate) does the whole process take?

i read on a site that you had to register on a site when you have or are going to donate and if the potential children want when they are 18 they can contact you.

is that true? if so can you opt for you to never be contacted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi xNatx,

I can only advise you in regards to egg donation as I have had no experience with surrogacy.... So here goes...

The average known donation cycle takes somewhere in the range of 3-6 months from start to finish. Initially you must undergo counselling to ensure you understand the process and emotional aspects. Then there will be blood tests that need to be performed.

Once this is complete - your cycle must be synchronised with the recipients in the case of a known donation which usually means that one of you will go on the pill short term. Than you will need to be given daily injections for approx. 2 weeks and once the eggs are ready for collection undergo a day procedure at hospital for the collection.

As you can see - after the initial counselling and blood tests - not a lot happens until the final 2-3 weeks. I am led to believe that the anonymous donation process is a little quicker as the need to synchronise with your recipient does not exist.

With regards to the donor register, it is a requirement of the donation process that you are willing for your details to be maintained and provided to the child at the age of 18 (I believe that in some states it may be 16). As a part of the counselling process this is discussed with you.

Diana

Thanks
    Reviews

Default To all the truly wonderful ladies that you all are:)

I'd just like to say that all you ladies that have already ben egg donors or considering becoming one you are truly truly wonderful people.

I have recently found out that at 32, the only way I will ever know the joy of being a mum is through the genorosity of an egg donor.

I have been scanning through numerous websites and have seen that there are a many people in the same situation as me, but very few like you.. who are willing to give a couple the best gift anyone could wish for.

I think I speak for all those like me when I say thank you to you all. For without people like, many coupls dreams wouldn'd come true

Thanks
    Reviews
    why cant u donate if u have a tattoo? or is it just a certain time after u have a tattoo? id love to be a donor when ive finished my family but i have three tattoo's....