+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default HELP! Cat p!sssing in new house.

Hi we've had our cat Miso, for about 7 years and he's never done this before in any of our new houses.
    We've been here about 3 weeks but he's a really smart cat and only needed a litter tray for a day before he worked out the outside area and how to get back to the house etc.
    He spends a fair amount outside and sleeps with us on our bed at night (or one of the kids rooms).
    Since we moved in he's been p!ssing in the shower, in the laudry, in the laudry bucket, in the pantry... it's driving me insane!
    What is wrong with him?
    Is he marking his territory?
    Is he incontinent?
    I'm going to murder him if he does it again.
    Every day I think I can smell more cat p!ss in the house and cant tell now if it's real or if I've smelt it so much that I'm now imagining it.
    GOD IT STINKS!

Miso is going to be mittens if he keeps this up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be stress,or there could have been a cat there before you that peed everywhere and he is trying to get rid of that smell.

You can use biozet washing powder to clean the areas he pees in as the enzymes will get rid of the smell.

Also you could try using a feliway diffuser as this is helpful in calming them.Rescue remedy can be used in their water or food to help calm them too.

Sometimes if cats have crystals in their bladder or an infection,they can pee everywhere too,so maybe a check up to rule this out.

Good luck

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hi, i had a cat that peed everywhere too. It could be stress. i had a spray bottle on hand and whenever i use to catch him i would squirt him. But the key is to not let him see you squirt him. And this worked too. Otherwise the only other option is to keep him outside all day and when you put him in at night try and make sure all the doors are closed. I also heard that they hate foil and to leave foil everywhere. May look abit out of place but!lol! And you can also buy some stuff from the pet shops. They smell like citronella and they hate it. Good luck!

punkbaby is offline Got it back :D
    Winner 2007 –The most helpful member award & The member
    you’d most like to meet in real life award & The newbie of the year award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    get some peppermint and grow that or even sprinkle peppermint oil around the house they hate the smell, sounds like another cats been there doing the same thing so his just trying to show who lives there now

You can also get a herb that cats detest cant think of the name but its not a nice smell for inside the house thats the only problem
    Last edited by punkbaby; 08-08-2007 at 11:51. Reason: typ