+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont have a car. But i do know you dont pay. The full amount when a single parent. I'm not sure how much it is. I just know cause my friend. Is a single mum and doesnt pay full amount.

You can also get help from. To pay your bill. When i moved in here. I had no money to pay one of my bills. Cause i have 2 lots of bills (for here and my old place) They gave me $90 in vouchers. to pay onto my electricity bill.

I can get you the number if you like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My rego is due in about 1 week- I haven't even got the pink slip yet! AND I have to get 4 new tyres! My Dad's a machanic though so it may be ok.

From what I can remember, you have to pay something like $30 for registration, the insurance amount (however much that may be for you) and the pink/blue slip.

I think that's how it went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With car rego I get to pay half yearly because of the pension and I think I pay about $140 for the 6mths. Its something like that. Im in Victoria, dont know if there are different rules and rates for different states.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea for a thread

Im newly single(for about two months now) so im still getting my head around everything

Quote Originally Posted by Inforapenny View Post
    I agree guys. Until I actually became a single mum, I really had no idea on how it felt.
    Everything feels different when your partner is not there at all, the moments of despair and heartache are unimaginable, unless you have expereinced it.
    I have a question for the single parents - how do you cope when your child is sick, you are tired and you feel yourself getting angry.
    I just want to ring my ex and abuse him.
    Any good strategies out there?\Rox
    I still do the ringing and abusing thing lol BUT i used to do that before when we were still together too LOL guess its just a habit

I am currently on maternity leave and living with my mum so bills arent an issue atm

Im heading back to work next march and will get my own place around jan08
    im lucky I have a decent paying job to go back too but I will still end up paying half my pay in rent oh well what can you do hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't know what state you are living in but inWA if you have a pension card you pay approx half of the rego,you just have to fill in a form,i also recall getting backpaid a bit as i had paid the full amount previously.just go to the licencing branch and ask.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrepay

When receiving a bill from a service provider when you've been doing centrepay does the bill give you a summery of the charges and how much you've paid?

the reason I ask is because I'm moving out with my sister and would like to my the bills via centrepay and than when the bills come in, we take the full amount split it in half and she pays me her half and I pay whatever is still owing or get the credit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a thing about cars etc, I just went through it and apparently everything I pretty much want from the RTA is free. I didn't have to pay rego at all, and I also got a refund for last years rego and the license I paid for since since having Lill...

I've got a thing about paying bills though, if the money is automatically taken out I don't really take stock of how much I am using or wasting IYKWIM..
    At least when I have to take notice of what I use and pay, I feel more accountable for my actions (i remember to turn the TV off, have shorter showers etc).
    Maybe just me, but I feel better when Im trying to lower my bills...(it works for me basically)
    In the case of electricity, this winter I did set up a payment option with the company... They take $55 a month and I dont really worry about it too much. By summer I'll be in credit, whereas in winter and the cold nights we had been having, I'm a little in debted lol

I do have savings though, normally Id put $40 away per fortnight, but currently $20 of that goes on christmas. And anything received from child support goes into Lills account... not that its much, but hey, its something for her lol
    (all accounts are with same bank as well, so no charges for transfer)...

...Ill shut up now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlea View Post
    Not overly sure on this - I was working enough hours to class as full time - and I still only got the 20 weeks.
    my jet has been approved this year since january and is valid until december.
    Ive always been full time at uni, and was only claiming for after school care.
    im now working full time and studying full time still at uni.
    my jet officer just renews it every 6 months...
    ive been doing this for about 3 years now.
    i think technically it has to be a "new" activgity to be renewed, so with uni because I re-enrol every 6 months its classed as a new activity?
    also i heard they did change the rules because too many people were on it for a long time, so maybe its only 20 weeks for new people now.
    no idea, but maybe worth asking about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Regarding the question of how to cope when you are sick and the kids are sick...
    I've been crook with the flu, and DD has had the flu, then vomitting for 5 days...so all up, about 3 weeks of hell. No-one could reallyhelp, cause they were all sick too, and DD wouldn't go to anyone else while she was sick.

I found that the only way to cope was just get back to basics...I left all housework, all washing, cooking etc, and just took care of DD and myself. For me it was the only way to cope. And yes, I did get resentful to my Ex at that time, but not much I could do about it.

Not much help, but maybe something to try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlea View Post
    *waves to Mod* can we please have this made a sticky?
    You can delete this post if need be - but I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky Q & A thread in here
    Working on it - should be a sticky soon