+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am looking for some advice I am pregnant with my first child, I was with the father for 3 months and although I was taking contraceptive pills I guess I was not as careful as I thought. I ended the relationship as he was very suffocating and I am a very independent person. About 4 weeks after we split I realised I was pregnant. Although shocked I am very happy and keeping my baby I am financially secure however I dont know if I should tell him or not. I know it is the correct thing to do morally but I am afraid he will make my life difficult.....struggling with what to do...any advice would be great.
    Thanks

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Denise, I think in your shoes I would probably keep it to myself until something very compelling made me decide otherwise.

As other people have stated on your other thread FOBs can have a huge amount of power over how you live your life, and if he is not someone you want to maintain a relationship with yourself, then tread warily.

Once you have revealed the baby it is not something you can take back, but if you really want to, you can revisit the idea when the child is older if you wish...

Take care all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise30 View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for some advice I am pregnant with my first child, I was with the father for 3 months and although I was taking contraceptive pills I guess I was not as careful as I thought. I ended the relationship as he was very suffocating and I am a very independent person. About 4 weeks after we split I realised I was pregnant. Although shocked I am very happy and keeping my baby I am financially secure however I dont know if I should tell him or not. I know it is the correct thing to do morally but I am afraid he will make my life difficult.....struggling with what to do...any advice would be great.
    Thanks
    I told fob but that's cause we were together for 6 years. A friend was dating for 6 weeks and she fell pregnant. Told him argued then didn't speak till her son was was 1. He still isn't in the birth certificate and it's a bit strained.

Feel free to pm me for any help.

Ps I did the whole pg on my own so am happy to share

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm planning to divorce my husband but don't know how and where to start.
    I would really like some advice as to what it is like to be a single mum?
    And what I can do to protect my asset, so he doesn't take all my money and leave destituted in debt hole.
    I'm currently waiting for the court hearing for ADVO application as he has been violent last week. I have fractured finger, bruises and bump on the head. He has been verbally abusive for so long.
    Mums, please give me your wise advice/tips as to protect myself, my son (2yo)and my asset when I'm planning to get divorce. Are there steps I should take now to protect my asset?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey i know how you feel i started a mums group so i can make some new friends and so my daughter could have some kids her age to play with the first meet when ok but after that i was singled out and so was my daughter cos i dont have a partners and cos im happy not dating at the moment i got the cold shoulder and even tho i started the group now im not even being asked to go to any off the meetings and any ideas i have they dont like so i walked away and i have enough on my plate with out them being mean as much as i would love to have friends here in darwin changing who i am just to fit in is a wast of time and im not going to do it and the thing that really got under my skin is that all the coupled mum where trying to campare them selfs to being a single mother cos their partner wont do anthing to help or they are away working but they have know idea how hard it can be and even tho i feel like pulling my hair out almost daily i wouldnt change it for anything. i would love to get married and have more kids but isnt that what every girl dreams of

cheers kerrie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I have come back on this forum to ask advice about separating and how you have sorted out custody issues (i haven't been on bubhub since my daughter's birth 4 years ago). We are separated and living under the same roof until we can afford to move out separately but also we are not agreeing on the care of our 4yo daughter. Basically he wants 50/50 but I think she is too young to be going between 2 houses every few days potentially. I really want to hear from others who have separated with a 4yo and may be in a 50/50 arrangement (or close to). What schedule have you come up with? The major issue that plays into this is that our families live roughly an hour or more away from each other and both of us want to be close to our families so we can receive practical support. Mediation is starting on Friday but I just can't see how we're going to agree on this. My head is spinning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Guys,

Also after some advice, planning on leaving my partner... very stressed about making ends meet finically. How did you work out your budget for rent?? Im casual so my wages change. How did you manage shift work with the kids?? Im hoping for share care as I still help with pick up/drop off due to my working hours, also I work some Saturdays which is better pay. I have 2 girls 9 and 5, how have your children coped ??And you, what were your highs and lows?? Tips for dealing with being a number and a statistic at centerlink?? Were you able to keep the family car? Have you been able to be nice to each other in front of the kids... Where else have you found support emotionally financially physically from?? Furnishing your new home, connecting internet, setting up computer ???
    These things I have ZERO idea about Please any help