+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation predictor tests & TTC

Girls

I've been TTC for 2 months for our 3rd child but have found my cycle to be a little irregular so cannot rely upon temp charting to give me an accurate pinpoint with ovulation (and as you all know, finding the time with little ones around is not easy, so this doing it every second day is not always possible).

I've now bought ovulation predictor tests to get a more accurate idea of when is the right time to give it a go. Have any of you used them before and found they helped you to conceive?

Any other tips you could lend we women out there who are not getting lucky first or second time around?

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ruth,

We used a Maybe Baby. It is a lipstick sized microscope that tests saliva. If you are ovulating the saliva dries in a fern shaped crystal that you view thru the microscope bit. Costs about $80 from chemist, but can be used over and over again indefinitely.
    Last edited by willsmum; 01-04-2005 at 11:31. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Willsmum

Did you get pregnant because of it's assistance?

R

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up ClearPlan Urine tests

We used the urine ovulation monitoring (Clearplan brand) and found it excellent....got pregnant 2nd month using it!! Mind you - I had pretty regular cycles and had a fair idea that I ovulated about day 14 anyway - but this made it very accurate.......expensive though - 5 tests about $60.
    good luck,
    T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ruth,

4 pregnancies from Maybe Baby (2 babies, 2 miscarriages)

Vicky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ruth,
    I have used the Clearplan Ovulation Testing kit and it has been somewhat successful -still took time to get pregnant though -I think that's life unfortunately (am 11 weeks pregnant with first baby after having a miscarriage at 8 weeks in August last year - took us 5 months to conceive both times). I have irregular cycles too (though possibly much more irregular than yours - from 31 days to 44 days - the 44 day one drove me insane let me tell you) and really needed help to work out when I was ovulating.Unfortunately it was very expensive at $60-70 a packet (I had to buy 3 packets because I could be ovulating anywhere from day 14 to day 29 - very convenient!!!). However I believe it was worth it because we really wanted to start our family and after a years worth of trying I am hoping that this one will stick with us. Anyway I think they are good and it defintely helped me get pregnant both times (quite a distinctive blue line when you are about to ovulate).Best of luck.
    My only other tip is try to not focus too much on getting pregnant (much easier said than done though I know - I was quite obsessed after trying for a year).I finally got pregnant the second time around in the one month that I thought "it doesn't matter if it happens or not" because I had decided to focus on other things instead -getting fit and healthy and looking after myself and having a break from work and relaxing and enjoying my time to myself.
    Hope this is a lucky month for you (and if not it will happen in the future) - enjoy your time with your family as it is for now.

Cath

P.S. I also bought the Maybe Baby microscope but didn't find it worked - don't know why.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation predictor tests

Hi

I used a maybe baby and didn't find it worked. I have used fortel urine ovulation tests which you can but from supermarkets and chemists from about $17 through to $30 depending on where you buy it. It contains 5 tests and it predicted my ovulation. I just ordered 20 ovulation tests and 7 preg tests for $11 incl postage off e bay, they should arrive soon so I will let you know how they go.

Abby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I've been testing for ovulation with the Ovunow tests (cheap from Ebay). I get a control line and nothing else. I've also been monitoring my cervical mucus and it's indicating big time that I'm about to ovulate.

I'm beginning to think that these ovulation tests are not working. Perhaps this is because they are the cheap sort.

Anybody else had this problem?

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Ruth, I used the fortel ovulation predictor kit for one month and spent $60 before I ovulated, they do work, but I didn't fall pregnant using them, I gave up as they were so expensive... Like you, I have 2 little ones, so every spare moment I got(which wasn't very often) we had sex and fell that month... Everyone is different in this area, My sister in law has been trying for about 2 years and nothing, she's not even that serious, like with using OPK's, mucous checking and taking temp daily, so I thought she would surely be pregnant by now... I have said to her to go and see the Dr, just to eliminate one thing or another... She says she is scared he will tell her she just can't have children... I am not sure what to say, I guess when your ttc, your hoping that someone will give you a magical answer and sadly for many there isn't one... But anything helps right...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls

I've changed my perspective on the stress of all this TTC business.

There I was the other night hoping that hubby and I had got the timing right (we did, all signs showed I ovulated shortly after), when I received word from a good friend overseas who's due her second baby in July. She'd just had a car accident, fractured her pelvis and numerous other bones and so sadly her little baby died in utero shortly after. She's now sitting in a hospital with all her broken bones, waiting to be strong enough to deliver her little baby.

Here I am stressing about trying to conceive my third baby whilst she has all that to contend with. If I were to conceive this month I would gladly give her my baby to carry if I could.

Life's not fair sometimes, but it does make you think.

R