+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about your VBAC

Hi

I would like to know what sort of preparation did you do to get a successfull Vbac.

Because my first pregnancy ended in an elective csection I did not labour at all. My OB says that my labour this time around will be the length of a first labour and if it goes on for too long or if the baby is too big, I will have to have another csection.

Please give me positive thoughts and any advice on how you were successful in your Vbac. Or what to do/not do during labour.

I am currently 33 weeks and I walk, do yoga and I am starting to take raspberry leaf tabs.

Help me get my Vbac. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You know you can do it! Your body is perfect for birthing, you just need to get your mind in order! Think positive, read as much as you can. Have you read Sarah J Buckley's 'Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering'? It is a great guide to normal pregnancy and normal birth - which is precisely what VBAC is, normal birth. What sort of care provider have you chosen? Are they 100% supportive of normal physiological birth? Choose wisely as they can make all the difference! Have you considered hiring a doula/birth keeper? She will make a fantastic support for you and your partner and other children throughout the pregnancy and labour.

Congratulations as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay at home as long as possible before you go to hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They posts above me just said it:
    1. Stay home for as long as possible
    2. Get a doula!

Do you really need this Ob? It doesn't sound like from your post he's going to give you much of a chance?
    How long is "too long" and how big is "too big?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I meant to add, time constraints are NOT conducive to a good labour and birth, let alone a VBAC. What is the Obstetricians caesarean rate? VBAC rate? What was the reason for your first section? (sorry for the third degree, lol!) What are his 'policies' regarding monitoring? Are you planning an active labour or will he expect you to be on the bed hooked up to the trace machine? All these things will affect your labour and birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have time to answer in detail, but I wanted to say......
    get a doula
    a big baby does not necessarily mean a repeat ceasar(10lb8oz successful vbac for me)
    I will try to get back later.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you click the link in my signature below, you can read my 4 birth stories, and access my blog, which has all my musings and recollections of planning and preparing for my wonderful vaginal birth after 2 caesers....enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Yes my Oby is supportive of a Vbac. She says she would usually let women labour about 12 hours before considering a c/section. A too big baby from what she says is about 4kg.

Anybody have an epidural and still had a successful Vbac? Do you think it makes a difference that I am 38 and overweight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might find this site really helpful/interesting:

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/

This is a plus-size woman who has had a successful vbac

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey Smitten,

I had one, AND am very overweight, so there you go