+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Pregnancy symptoms books

Hello every one,
    I have a question, can anyone recommend a good book with all the pregnancy symptoms in it, I am freaking out at every cramp and pain, I am hoping for a reference that will tell me what is normal and what is not. So I won't end up at emergency department for no good reason again . You help and wisdom is appreciated.

Parisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When i was pregnant this first time i found kaz cooke " up the duff" book is really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wholeheartedly agree with rachel, and also found "what to expect when u r expecting" great - goes thru month by month. very reassuring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pregnancy bible is the best...and i had all the others too! I read it every day!
    It has awesome pictures of baby in utero and heaps of info for after the birth....which I know is hard to imagine for you at the moment....but its more important!
    Last edited by SugarBlossom; 26-01-2006 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swear by "what to expect when your expecting" its a great book, and it has a little diary to fill in the back too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also once your bub is born "what to expect in the first twelve month" very good book used it regulary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally loved the book 'Pregnancy for Dummies'. It was a great resource for me when pregnant.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My favourite was called "The Pregnancy Question & Answer Book" and is fabulous - week by week, blow by blow, lots of diagrams and pictures and very realistic reading

"Up the Duff" was also a great read

"What to Expect when you're Expecting" is interesting, but IMO not as useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I would recommend what to expect when your expecting, but also before you give birth get also what to expect in the first twelve months. They are both excellent books especially the second book.

Brooksy (30)
    Dh (37)
    Rhiannon 5wks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to the library and got out every pregnancy and childbirth book they had. Its amazing what they have there. And its free of course, which is always nice.