+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default My bub won't eat dinner

My 8 month old DS has gone off dinner- or should I say he has gone off mashed vegies.

He eats cereal/fruit for breakfast.

Ruskit/cheese/custard for lunch.

After having bronchialitis he went off most food, but is now happily eating sweet stuff/finger food, However..........

He used to have mashed vegies for dinner- but over the last week or so he has gone completely off anything mashed for dinner- so much so that tonight he made himself vomit by gagging on mashed pumpkin (yet he will happily munch on a piece of it roasted).

If I feed him finger food (steamed/roasted veg) he is quite happy to sit and munch- which is fine- but I am concerned he isn't getting enough. This also means he won't eat any meat or variety of foods- it is literally carrot/asparagus/broccoli etc

If he has finger food- how do I know how much to give him? He drops/nibbles/plays with so much that I really can't tell how much he actually eats (I personally don't think he actually eats that much of it).

Alternatively I know he will eat sweet stuff that I offer him- should I stick with that to ensure he is getting enough????

THanks for any advice......This feeding business is very confusing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I could have written the same thing! I made a thread just like this last week. Is he teething? Taliyah went off all solids completely while teething, she's only just started eating again now. Also I've put it down to an independant thing- she just wants to feed herself and doesn't like having to be spoon fed by anyone else.

You'll get through it & bub will start eating soon! Well.. Taliyah did so I'm pretty sure your bub will too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it was due to teething- he cut four teeth in three weeks, then had a cold/bronchialitis.

But he is over that now- so I guess I just need to be patient.

My main concern is how do I know if he is getting enough- how much finger food is appropriate, and should I supplement it with sweet things he will eat, or persist with savoury that he doesnt?!?!?

Add to this that he has just chosen to drop a milk feed (bottle)and doesnt drink water so I am worried he is going to starve!!!

(Not that that is an option as he is well over 10kg little chubba )