+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bron is offline Accentuate the positive
    WINNER 2006 Most Politically Correct Member
    Winner 2007 & 2008 Funniest member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default EDD today - thinking of our little girl

Today was the day that our little girl was due to be born. I feel sad and reflective, but also pleased that I am now pregnant with her little brother or sister.

We were surprised but delighted when we found out in May that I was pregnant. I had loads of symptoms, and was so excited about meeting our baby. We went to the obstetrician's rooms for an appointment at 8 1/2 weeks and saw the baby's heart beat - we were delighted and told our friends and workplaces.

Everything continued normally, and then one very cold Tuesday morning in July we went for an ultrasound - I was 13 weeks. As soon as the picture came up on the screen, I knew something was wrong. The radiologist was very sympathetic as she explained that our little baby's heart had stopped beating about 4 weeks earlier.

I had a d&C the next day. We were shattered. It was heartbreaking news and neither of us quite knew how to deal with our feelings. We leaned on each other and helped each other to recover over time.

Four weeks later we found out that our baby had Turner's syndrome - a little girl missing an x chromosome. A random event with no increased risk of occurring again. Only 2% of Turner's babies make it to full term. Although this news made us sad for our little girl, it helped us too, because we knew that the future looked brighter.

So, little girl, we will always love you. We think of you every day and we always will. We are really looking forward to meeting your little brother or sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm very sorry for your loss Bron, hope you and DH leaned on each other today and were able to get through it together.

Thank you for sharing the story of your little princess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Bron,

Hugs on this very special and reflective day. There are fireworks going off in the city tonight, I can hear them through my window - I'd like to think they are celebrating your little angel.

Warm wishes for the safe arrival of your new little one. You will never forget your first (as I never will forget ours) and it is bittersweet, but your pregnancy does make it all a tiny bit easier to bare

My thoughts are with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you for sharing with us Bron.
    Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bron, I am sorry to hear of your loss. But at least now you have something wonderful to look forward to. I know your little princess is being looked after really well in a much more beautiful place!!! It's good to reflect! All the best...

MilkOnTap is offline Rivi Cecilia - my 2nd VBAC Home Birth has arrived!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bron,

I am so sorry to hear that today would have been it... We would have been 4 weeks apart! I am sure that our little angels are playing ring-a-ring-a-rosie in a beautiful garden in heaven... :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh Bron, you are such a lovely lady, i am so sorry that you are so sad today. your little girl knows you love her very much, and i like to think that she has sent you her brother or sister to cheer you up
    thinking of you and your dh tonight my dear
    xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for sharing your story bron, it must have been a hard day for you. I hope you're ok.

All the best with your pg

Bron is offline Accentuate the positive
    WINNER 2006 Most Politically Correct Member
    Winner 2007 & 2008 Funniest member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. I really appreciate them - what an incredibly supportive group of women you are.

Bron

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    {{{Hugs}}}