+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default pale feet and nails???worried.....

Hi there,
    just wondering if anyone has come across anything like this in there bub??
    DS is 22months old, last night I noticed his feet and nails were very very white.......they were not cold at all, just very pale....any ideas?? am I just worring over nothing??
    Thanks,
    Shelby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    not sure ??! G gets that when circulation drops....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm going to just go with what comes to mind at the top of my head. (I did a nail tech class).

Is he Anemic?
    Does he have a high iron intake?
    Are you sure he wasn't just cold?

Pale/white nail beds have a relation with Anemia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Circluatiojn . .Matilda used to get it..and so do I ..esp in winter . .if ur worried .. trip to the Gp or give the CHN a ring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, thanks for the fast replys.
    bekkyboo, I was thinking circulation too, but thaught if it was, wouldn't his feet be cold??don't know........
    Hi Ashleigh<3, I was thinking it may be iron defficiency...guess we should ask the doc........and he deffinately wasn't cold, so hmmm.
    Hi Krisseh, circulation,were Matilda"s or your feet cold at the same time though??cause his were warm as toast.....just very pale.....
    Will let you know when we find out.
    Thank you both for replying so quick.
    Shelby.
    Last edited by shelby67; 22-06-2007 at 09:28.

Thanks
    Reviews

Post pale feet

my son 1 yr old, has that all the time. I took him to the docs and she said circulation. He also has motley all over his body which can sometimes suggest dehydration... dont' know if I was much help..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    G goes motley too - has since birth.

Not always cold, as it is just the first part of circulation problem i think...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi earlybirdbabies, thanks for replying, were your bubs prem??DS was 6 weeks prem,1.6 kgs and had minor heart probs, I guess thats why Im freeking out a bit....probably not justified but can't help worring. It seems circulation might be the issue. Yes your reply did help!!
    Hi bekkyboo, ok,not cold....I get what your saying with circulation. I guess this is one for the doc, will let you all know when we find out.
    Thanks for your imput,
    Shelby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah - your better to get that checked out. Remembering that fingers and feet are the extreidies so they will show circulation problems first (lodgic speaking, not know how!)...

Hope everything is ok G was only 2 weeks early...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby67 View Post
    Hi earlybirdbabies, thanks for replying, were your bubs prem??DS was 6 weeks prem,1.6 kgs and had minor heart probs, I guess thats why Im freeking out a bit....probably not justified but can't help worring. It seems circulation might be the issue. Yes your reply did help!!
    Hi bekkyboo, ok,not cold....I get what your saying with circulation. I guess this is one for the doc, will let you all know when we find out.
    Thanks for your imput,
    Shelby.
    Considering your baby was 6 weeks premature, you should definitely go to your GP and raise your concerns.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/gui...ut-your-health

It seems more like a skin problem then a nail problem. It sounds a lot like it has something to do with circulation but your baby has had health problems at birth.

Good luck