+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews

Default where are all the Swiss?

I can't believe this is the first Swiss thread. Thought I'd better start one incase they're hiding somewhere. I'm Aussie, but dh is from Switzerland and I also lived over there (that's where we met!, my excess baggage!).
    Anyway hello!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What do my eyes see? I got company, eventhough, you're not Swiss, you still lived there, that's good enough

Where did you live? How long did you live there? Where abouts do you live now in OZ?

In my case, it's the opposite. I'm Swiss and my Husband is from Australia. But like you, we met over there, while he lived and worked there.

We live on Brisbane's northside and used to live near Zurich

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default gruezi!

Hello! In Switzerland I lived in Kusnacht (near Zurich) and then I lived in Altendorf. My dh is from ticino so his mother language is Italian but he also speaks French and German. I can speak Italian but mein deutch? Das ist serh slecht!! Are you Swiss German? We live now in Perth. I visited Switzerland a couple of times when I was travelling in Europe. My base for living back then was the Uk, but that bored me so I moved to Greece, then after seeing Switzerland, made that my base and lived there for nearly a year. We now have 2 kids.
    look forward to chatting with you.
    ciao ciao!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I am Swiss German and therefore I don't speak italian, only swiss german and a bit of french, basically what I learnt at school and haven't forgotten.

We also have 2 Kids, the older nearly 3 and the younger one 7 mths.

I love Perth, I visited it, when I was traveling in Australia, about 10 Yrs ago. I bet it has changed a lot since then.

I just moved to Australia at the end of 2005, basically from a freezing winter to a slaughtering hot summer, change of temparatures from about 40 Degrees.. Shoking.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hi Coffee!

Hello hello! Can you believe I went out without kids and dh last night! I thinks it's a first for me! You know it's been a long time since going out when you need to borrow your dd's makeup! I have a ds (3) and dd (6). I used to live in QLD. First the Gold Coast, then Port Douglas. Loved the Far North. Have you been up there? When my dh first arrived he too came from freezing to scorching. I think it was around -17 and then 40 here. He had heat intolerance for about 1 week and broke out in a rash. Now he handles the heat better than me and works outside with no complaints. Says he will never go abck to working inside again!
    Did you have your kids in Switzerland? Are all your family still there? Do they come to visit? My dh's family are all in Switzerland and don't speak any English which isn't a problem, but they're not very adventurous in Foreign lands. My Dh has been back once in 10 years and I've been back twice. He doesn't seem to miss it as much as I would miss my home if I was over there. Hope you have a nice weekend! It's wet here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you enjoyed your evening out.

I know how you feel, I hardly get out of the house alone. Mostly, I'm the one who stays at home, while my husband's going out with his mates.

No, I haven't been any further than Cairns in QLD and any further than Exmouth in the west but one day, when the kiddies are older, we're planning to travel more in OZ.

I really want to cross the Nullabor Plain, I dream of that already for ages

My older one is born in Switzerland but he has both passports. He gets the Australian one because his Dad is an Aussie and the swiss, because he's born there and I'm swiss the younger one is born here in Brisbane and will later on, before we go overseas, get both Passports as well.

All my Family and Friends are living in Switzerland and Germany. My Mum and her Sister, which makes my Auntie, were here for about 5 weeks in February/March. So that my Mum could see her grandkids. She hasn't seen my younger one at all, only on Photos.

My Mum doesn't speak english, she knows a few words but that's about it. She understands quite a lot but in a conversation, she just can't formualte the sentences she wants to say. It's always a bit difficult, when we're all together, I always have to switch between swiss german and english.

I don't really miss them so much. I did in the beginning but now it's ok.
    We probably will go over to switzerland mid next year for a couple weeks but nothing really planned yet.

It was wet here yesterday as well, which is okay, we really need the rain, our dams are almost empty..