• Wait until the last minute to try and get a bargain booking

17 26.56%
  • Not yet brave enough to go on holiday with the kids

4 6.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I book way in advance usually 8 months before hand to make sure I can easily save money and make sure I have a place reserved for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    We try to have a holiday twice a year and book it as soon as we get back from the last one, gives us something to look forward too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Way in advance. We are going to Bali at the end of october and airfares and hotel is booked and ill spend the next 6 months researching activities suitable for my toddler. I like planning everything in advance and researching it all well. Birthdays, holidays etc. Will be first holiday with our son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Domestic holidays we usually book 2-4 months in advanced, while international holidays are usually 9-12 months in advance!

We recently booked flights to the UK for the first week March 2010.

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wait until the last minute to try and get a bargain booking

Thanks
    Reviews
    We mainly go in off peak periods, so booking months ahead isn't a big deal for us, plus we do a lot of camping, which isn't to bad to book.
    Also a fan of the last minute deals if we decide on a spontaneous stay somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    way in advance!! lol - as others before me have said, organisation is the key!!
    any major holidays we book and plan at least 6 months in advance, the next one for the GC was booked earlier this year.......for next February....

that said we often do weekend camping trips around Tassie, or even a week or so if I can get the time off work in the school holidays and these trips are usually planned with a few days notice at most, (I'm on a casual roster so don't know my hours until a few days before the week starts). on these trips we look for last minute specials and break up camping with a stay for a night at a nice hotel

We always research where we are going or plan to go, always have a list on the go of where we would like to go, reasons why we want to visit that place, things to do and see, accommodation options etc for each one and then when we find we have time off we go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always by booking at the last minute For example, just booked our holiday away to Daydream Island in QLD in a few weeks, normal price had been around $1100, just bought them today for $756

Thanks
    Reviews
    We generally book well in advance as we have our own business, so it often takes us a few months to sort everything out to be able to go away.
    Though we did just go away for our 10 year anniversary in May and we booked that only 5 weeks before hand. But we were only gone 4 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we just book our holiday one month in advance,about what we should taking and considering.