• Wait until the last minute to try and get a bargain booking

17 26.56%
  • Not yet brave enough to go on holiday with the kids

4 6.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We prefer to book our holidays well in advance. Also we choose accommodation very carefully. Although we had only 1 trip with our children but that was quite memorable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenifa View Post

For us, once we've come back from holidays, that is when we start thinking of the next holiday and start tentatively thinking of when/where we will go away.
    Like the previous post, we prefer to research the destination, accomm/restaurant/activity/kids options quite thoroughly before deciding on a holiday and making a booking.!!
    Ira depressing coming back from hols, so we like to start planning ASAP too!

We also need time in advance for DH to secure holidays at work so they don't clash with the other team members.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Every January we stay in cabins down the coast with two other families and we rebook the cabins on check-out so that holiday is booked a year in advance.

However, generally we are a mixture of last minute and 4-6 months out for our big family holidays. We generally go overseas once a year and while we tend to plan where we are going and when fairly early (10-12 months out) we wait to actually book. I do
    Lots of research, wait for airline sales, and also generally get three agents to
    Quote and then play them off to get the best deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We usually book many months in advance. A lot of our holidays have been matched up with my work conferences so we need to book about 3 months in advance to get the accomodation we want/need. We all went to Darwin last year and booking 4 months in advance we still struggled to get suitable accomodation! We got some, but if we'd waited another week there would have been nothing left for what we needed!

We're currently trying to plan a holiday for the end of the year and are hoping to book any day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We book our yearly holiday 12 months in advance! And pay it off through the year!! 2 weeks at Christmas right on the beach at rainbow bay!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We start planning our next holiday as soon as we get back from the last one - it's always nice having something to look forward to & my work requires time off to be booked well in advance.
    I'm obsessive about researching holidays & will trawl the web for the best deal etc, then once it's booked I'll plan activities, restaurants, transport etc. DH & I have figured out we like an organised holiday!
    We have a trip to Port Douglas booked for May next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm constantly planning holidays.

In the next 2 months, we've got 4 holidays booked- ranging from 2 night weekend trips, to 7 night week long trips. I've booked Easter as well. I love planning- keeps me from going insane. I also use it as a bit of blackmail leverage to get DS to get his homework done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We try to go on holiday once a yr...I start planning when I have enough money for a deposit then can pay it all off before we even go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely love traveling. I love the whole planning and researching and it's easier for me to save when I have a goal to work towards. I research costs of everything and spending money then usually book 1 year ahead.....that's for overseas. For interstate or in Melbourne I wait till about 4-6 months before so I can get a good deal. I'm already planning Adelaide for end of next year. We have Malaysia/Singapore booked for Jan 2015. And finances permitting probably Sydney mid year. It's the only luxury I have. Not a shoes/clothes/make-up/bags anything person! Don't know if I'll get pregnant ever again so this is my only vice.