Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPL when Casual PLUS Self Employed

Hi All

I have tried to find the answer to my questions on Centrelink website and also tried to call but can't get through (for weeks). Anyone who can offer information or advice is appreciated!!!

My situation is:

I work casual, i have been with current employer for 2 years and had one week off in that time. I am on call 24/7, but the work comes and goes (some weeks work 50hrs some weeks work 10hrs over 5 days).

I have asked to drop 2 days per week because I am pregnant and this is a high risk pregnancy. My boss is not happy. I am due end of January.

On the side, I am Director of our Company that my husband works in full time, I do the bookkeeping and admin (no more than 4hrs each week).

What are my options here? If I stop working in my Casual job and start paying myself say 4hrs/week until when I have bub is that sufficient for PPL? And if I do this, how do I as the employer pay myself the maternity leave?

Thank you if you got this far!

Just quickly from memory there is a work test. 300 hrs in the 10 months before the birth or something like that.
    I was self employed and had a very casual position of around 2 or 3 hrs a week. I met the hour requirements (only just) and Centrelink paid my PPL.
    The hours should be on the website. Just do the application after bubs birth and it will be fine.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/ind...eave-pay/28566

Comment

I recommend going through the claims process and seeing what Human Services say. 300 hours over 10 months works out to just over 8 hours a week so you'll need to factor that in.

Comment

I own a business that I work in a few days a week and have claimed paid parental leave twice, Centrelink didn’t ask for proof of hours so the fact that I owned a business was enough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Treens73 View Post
            I own a business that I work in a few days a week and have claimed paid parental leave twice, Centrelink didn’t ask for proof of hours so the fact that I owned a business was enough for them.
            Thank you. I know I definitely do the hours, was just worried I would need a paper trail to prove it. Although hubby can’t even use a computer let alone do accounts so I’m sure that’s evidence enough lol.

Comment

Working...
            X