Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gettinga bit exciting! Blue card-check! Police check-check! First aid certificate and blood tests on their way. But the most important thing... New stationary!!

Comment

I am super excited too. Crossing my fingers Mrskb will be joining Butterfly23 and myself at Deakin. My friend has a friend who just transferred after first year Nursing to the double degree at Deakin. So perhaps if you don't get the double then you will get the Nursing. I am just going to get my police check certified tomorrow and my wwcc copied and then I just need my student ID card and my immunisations. Phewf.

My daughter is doing a year 10 vet course in cooking as well, so she needs a bunch of stuff for that. Wish money grew on trees.

Comment

Monday cant not come quick enough! fingers crossed for Deakin for BNursing or Combined degree. i got early offer for vic uni but Deakin would be my first choice~!! Good luck to everyone, such an exciting chapter in our lives.

Comment

Hi Shell1985, It is exciting to hear their may be another bubhubber at Deakin. It is nice to have somewhere like this to talk about everything with people who are in the same situation as you. Even better if they are at the same Uni.

Comment

Originally posted by mytwoangels View Post
            It's gettinga bit exciting! Blue card-check! Police check-check! First aid certificate and blood tests on their way. But the most important thing... New stationary!!
            Hi,

Glad to hear you have made a start too on the checklist. I have had my first Hep B injection, need to wait 2 months for my 2nd. Then after that another 4mths etc. Is there a way we fast track the procedure, or do they let us commence clinical regardless?

Ive received my police check but am still waiting on my bluecard. I think I have done everything else except the deed poll thingos.

Think I am right for stationary too...

I PM'd you on facebook as I don't get the inbox on bubhub.

Best of luck to all the other ladies out there waiting for offers or upgrades on their existing offers.

Comment

For those waiting for QTAC offers, go check now! They were released a day early!

Comment

Originally posted by monkey face View Post
                For those waiting for QTAC offers, go check now! They were released a day early!
                Yay

Comment

Watching a thread of very frustrated people trying to log on but site is on melt down lol. So glad I got an early offer :P

Comment

Well done Monkey face. You must be delighted.

Comment

Originally posted by kewok View Post
                      Well done Monkey face. You must be delighted.
                      Thanks Kewok Am delighted, but feels like old news now- was offered my spot on the 30th of Nov.

Comment

Haha Whoops. Sorry, I must have missed that.

Are you already getting organised?
                        I have sent off my police check. I have my WWCC. Now I need to organise immunisations. I also forgot to get my student ID card when I enrolled. So off to get that tomorrow. I think that is all I need to do just now.

I have started studying Physiology and Anatomy too. I have been told it is one that bombards you with tons of information all at once. I figured I may as well start now.

Comment

I have been organised for a while. All vaccinations up to date, with the paper work to prove it. Police check done. First aid and CPR done. Student ID obtained. Blue card (as well as yellow card, which I shouldn't need anyway) done. Enrolled in subjects. Waiting for the course profiles to be updates so I can find out what textbooks I need for this year, just incase they have changed from last year.

That is an awesome idea getting a head start on A&P. I've done a few biology courses with a focus on A&P before, and it is very full on, although I think what I have done is more A&PII, not the first one which is more about anatomy (there should be some songs you can google that will help you remember all the bones, muscles, organs etc). I've got a cool app on my phone that is for anatomy, with all bones, muscles and organs and a name of one pops up and you have to touch where it is on the screen. I still haven't mastered it lol.

Comment

Ohhh Monkey Face what is the app called?? Also, you said you were on a forum with people waiting for offers from QTAC, what forum is it?
                            Thanks!!

Comment

The app is called 'speed anatomy'.

The forum is Whirlpool. Only a handful have managed to get on to see, others finally get to log in, but then get kicked because of too many people on there. Great news is one lady managed to get on long enough to see an offer for her first pref of midwifery. Felt proud for her.

Comment

Whoooo!!!! Got my first preference, Bachelor of Midwifery at UQ!

Comment

Working...
                                X