Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here studying just midwifery at Newcastle. Just trying to find out how many days or hours per week face to face there is to see if it's doable. The uni wasn't very helpful in this regard.

Comment

• Im currently doing me EEN course and want to apply to Uni for Middy for 2016... Is a Diploma enough to get you into Mid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Louise41 View Post
        Im currently doing me EEN course and want to apply to Uni for Middy for 2016... Is a Diploma enough to get you into Mid?
        Yes it should be enough as long as it's an AQF qualified Diploma. Different Uni's have different entry requirements, so best to just contact your desired uni and ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by moncheri View Post
          Yes it should be enough as long as it's an AQF qualified Diploma. Different Uni's have different entry requirements, so best to just contact your desired uni and ask.

Thanks its through TAFE

Comment

• Does anyone know which Uni on the Sunshine Coast offers Middy?

Comment

• Originally posted by meredithgrey
              Edit. This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but let's use Midwifery/Midwife not "middy". I've never heard "middy" used when referring to midwifery or midwives except on this forum and it's almost a bit offensive.....

Midwife means "with woman". Be proud of that title and use it. To be able to call yourself a midwife is a privilege, don't shorten it to something cheap.
              Yeah, I agree with this. Middy makes me think of a can of mid strength beer...lol

Comment

• Hi Rhiannon

congratulations on getting a place ~ that is fantastic news! We will have to catch up got a coffee before uni starts!

Andrea

Comment

• Hey guys

Has anyone that has applied to ECU for the Registered Nursing & Midwifery course heard back from admissions yet?

Comment

• [QUOTE=moncheri;8062922]Hey guys

Has anyone that has applied to ECU for the Registered Nursing & Midwifery course heard back from admissions yet?[/QUOTE

hi Moncheri, I heard on Thursday that I got accepted into that course, the email fell into my junk mail though so make sure you're checking in there.

good luck x

Comment

• [QUOTE=yourefunnymummy;8063645]
                      Originally posted by moncheri View Post
                      Hey guys

Has anyone that has applied to ECU for the Registered Nursing & Midwifery course heard back from admissions yet?[/QUOTE

hi Moncheri, I heard on Thursday that I got accepted into that course, the email fell into my junk mail though so make sure you're checking in there.

good luck x
                      That's awesome! I got my acceptance in Nov so we will be class mates I'm just waiting on my book list and what do do for the immunization check

Comment

• [QUOTE=moncheri;8064386]
                        Originally posted by yourefunnymummy View Post

That's awesome! I got my acceptance in Nov so we will be class mates I'm just waiting on my book list and what do do for the immunization check
                        How exciting! I've enrolled in all my units but haven't got anything about the booklist either, I'd like to get it soon so that I can budget.
                        im a little worried about the immunisation checks as I have no immunity to rubella (German measles) I've had the vac 3 x now and it never takes. Hope that it won't be an issue?! Also I have no idea how to get my records from the UK?
                        Let me know what events you're going to for orientation and maybe we can buddy up 😀
                        i still can't quite believe this is all happening!

Comment

• [QUOTE=yourefunnymummy;8065459]
                          Originally posted by moncheri View Post

How exciting! I've enrolled in all my units but haven't got anything about the booklist either, I'd like to get it soon so that I can budget.
                          im a little worried about the immunisation checks as I have no immunity to rubella (German measles) I've had the vac 3 x now and it never takes. Hope that it won't be an issue?! Also I have no idea how to get my records from the UK?
                          Let me know what events you're going to for orientation and maybe we can buddy up ������
                          i still can't quite believe this is all happening!
                          You have to go to the co op bookshop website to find out what text books you need.
                          Hmm I have no idea if that would be an issue..I suppose you can always ring and ask.
                          Pretty sure you dont need your records because they just do a blood test to check what vacs you've had, well thats what the ECU nurse told me.

Have you got the dual degree timetable? I have no idea how to work out whats going on its all over the place and I dont know what the stages up the top mean lol

Its super exciting Sure we can buddy up, I'll let you know what events im going to when I find out whats on cause last time I checked it says there were no events atm.

Comment

• Moncheri, I enrolled in the units myself and selected the times for the classes, am I supposed to do something different or follow a different timetable? I really havent had any info through for the course at all other than the acceptance, ive fumbled my way through everything on my own!
                            Feel free to add me on Facebook or msg me there (katie dearle) or even sms me 0431759111, its hard to check on here all the time.
                            Cant wait to get started and meet everyone. Our main orientation is 17th Feb and I'll definitely be there that day but i dont think ill attend anything else as im having to pay daycare for that...

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon x

Comment

• Midwifery at Curtin, Bentley WA

Hi! I'm hoping there is someone on here who is studying the Bachelor of Midwifery in Perth at Curtin Uni. I'd love to know how many units are compulsory to be on campus? As I live in Bunbury (2hrs away) and with 2 little ones I'm not keen on travelling that far all the time! Is it realistic to think I'd be able to do most of the work online and maybe even do my prac here at a Bunbury hospital? Thanks heaps for any help info or advice that anyone might have!

Comment

• Bachelor of Nursing and Mid Question...

Please tell me how you got accepted into your Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery degree?

What pervious studies or qualifications did you have when you applied?

Did you have a degree in a different area that helped you gain your place?

What would you recommend one should do to increase there chances of being accepted?

Anything else that might help would be greatly appreciated.. TIA 😊

Comment

Working...
                                X