DQ-Alpha match + elevated uNK cells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQ-Alpha match + elevated uNK cells

I am 30 and my DH is 35 - we have been trying to conceive for about 14 months. We are both fit and healthy with no medical conditions. I have never been pregnant before / no known miscarriages. I have a regular 30 day cycle, ovulating on day 16, with a normal period. My AMH is 24.3 pmol/L. My husband's sperm is normal. Normal progesterone, LH, FSH, prolactin. Normal karyotype. No past history of STIs but we both tested positive for Ureaplasma Parvum which has been treated successfully. I recently had a laparoscopy and hydrotubation which showed no issues except a small fimbrial cyst. I also had a hysteroscopy and D&C which showed uterine natural killer cells 'at a rate of the order of 15 cells per high power field', which I was told was "moderately elevated".

We then had HLA matching done Results:
    HLA-DRB1 (me): 11:01, 15:01
    HLA-DRB1 (DH): 01:02, 11:01

HLA-DQA1 (me): 01:02, 05:05
    HLA-DQA1 (DH): 01:01, 05:05

HLA-DQB1 (me): 03:01, 06:02
    HLA-DQB1 (DH): 03:01, 05:01

We see RE Dr Nicholas Lolatgis in Melbourne Australia. We have not tried any assisted reproduction methods yet. We feel very lost and hopeless at the moment. We would appreciate any advice / treatment suggestions.xx

Hi there, I’m sorry that your Baby making journey has hit a snag, especially as you’re young and you’d think you’d be primed to go.

The good news is that you’ve done all the tests and you’re informed and primed to go. Sounds like IVF is your next step with an immune protocol for the DQ alpha match, which I believe would be an IVIG treatment. Your NKC is low so that’s good.

You’re in good hands with Nick so I can’t see what would stop you, I know it might sound scary but it’s not - it becomes very normal very quickly and you’ll be an expert before you know it. The other alternative is clomid (which is a pill so you ovulate more than one egg and have timed trigger) and then sex, if you weren’t keen on IVF. But it’s less controlled and you’d still have to go through IVIG.

You’re on a good path, it just so you want to ease into it? Have a chat with Nick.
    All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Phia View Post
      Hi there, I’m sorry that your Baby making journey has hit a snag, especially as you’re young and you’d think you’d be primed to go.

The good news is that you’ve done all the tests and you’re informed and primed to go. Sounds like IVF is your next step with an immune protocol for the DQ alpha match, which I believe would be an IVIG treatment. Your NKC is low so that’s good.

You’re in good hands with Nick so I can’t see what would stop you, I know it might sound scary but it’s not - it becomes very normal very quickly and you’ll be an expert before you know it. The other alternative is clomid (which is a pill so you ovulate more than one egg and have timed trigger) and then sex, if you weren’t keen on IVF. But it’s less controlled and you’d still have to go through IVIG.

You’re on a good path, it just so you want to ease into it? Have a chat with Nick.
      All the best!
      Hi [MENTION=145760]Phia[/MENTION]. Thank you so much for your prompt reply. You seem to know a lot about it! I'm slowly trying to adjust but it seems like I keep getting bad news! And when I read about this DQ alpha match I read some things saying if you're a 100% match (which I think we are) your chance of having a baby is only 5% even with IVF . I'm not seeing Nick for a few weeks but fingers crossed you're right and there are some options for me. Thanks again for all your information and support.

Comment

There’s a whole community of women on this thread - please join us: High Natural Killer Cells #10
        https://www.bubhub.com.au/community/...d.php?t=563212

Comment

Working...
        X