Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between a Baby Jogger City Elite and the city mini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between a Baby Jogger City Elite and the city mini?

I need a new pram and what to know what the difference between the city Elite is to the City Mini?

Elite is bigger u can add extra seat it is a four wheeler i think
    It is more expensive

Mini is smaller , light only can use in single mode and is cheaper than the elite

What age child is it for ?
    I bought the mini when ds was a bit over two . I wouldnt use the mini for a newborn

Comment

Also...
      Elite can have a bassinet attached.
      Both very easy to fold & lift but mini is about 7kg and elite 12kg I think.

I have the Elite and love it. Mum brought the Mini for when her grandkiddies visit.

Comment

Mini is awesome!! We love it. Dd2 was in sling for first 6 months then got pram and live it. Easy at shops, easy to lift!!! You can also get attachment for 2nd seat on it. There is a thread on here about it. I didn't know until I saw thread but an going to look in to it now I am pregnant with baby 3. Good luck! I also bought mine from USA and it was cheaper than here including postage. We love it!!

Comment

the mini can have a bassinette attached too. google it..

Comment

The current mini doesn't have adjustable handle and small basket, they are releasing mini GT in April which fixes both of those and has slightly different seat, but price is going up.

I just finished my pram research!

Comment

Originally posted by Minchi View Post
              the mini can have a bassinette attached too. google it..
              I just went into baby bunting yesterday and had a look at the bassinet attachment for the mini. It is so easy to attach! It also means bubs can face you which I love, but does make it more cumbersome to fold. I love how easy the mini is to fold!! I think the GT may have different wheels too when released?

Comment

I think the 2nd seat for the city elite has been withdrawn/recalled. At least in Australia

The city mini is great for quick trips, travel, supermarkets, walks around the neighbourhood. The city elite has bigger wheels and is a little bit more stable on rough ground due to the size of the tires. It is bigger and heavier and generally suited to lots of walking.

Good luck

Teh new citymini GT will be great, will be a bit heavier though but will fix a few issues.

Comment

I sold my elite for a mini.

They both have 3 wheels. The elite is bigger (note: heavier). The basket is bigger, the flaps are magnetic as opposed to Velcro, the handle is adjustable, it has pockets at the top to put keys in etc and you can attach more specialty items to it.

It's a great pram, but it's too big and heavy for my liking. The mini is great and would be even better if they made a few tweaks (I.e.: magnetic flaps like the elite).

Comment

Originally posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
                    Elite is bigger u can add extra seat it is a four wheeler i think
                    It is more expensive

sorry to contradict, but the Elite is still just 3 wheels and the extra seat (toddler jump seat) was recalled last year and will not be being replaced from what I have been able to read from the Baby Jogger facebook page.

I have the elite single and am most likely getting the mini gt double when it is released in Aus in April for when I have this 2nd bub.

I am pretty sure that the Baby Jogger website has a comparison

Comment

Originally posted by MyPossum View Post
                      sorry to contradict, but the Elite is still just 3 wheels and the extra seat (toddler jump seat) was recalled last year and will not be being replaced from what I have been able to read from the Baby Jogger facebook page.

I have the elite single and am most likely getting the mini gt double when it is released in Aus in April for when I have this 2nd bub.

I am pretty sure that the Baby Jogger website has a comparison
                      Do you know if the GT double will be able to clip a capsule into it? I'm tossing up between a GT double, mountain buggy duet or an inline like the P&T verve or hammerhead!

Comment

Originally posted by swizzlestick View Post
                        Do you know if the GT double will be able to clip a capsule into it? I'm tossing up between a GT double, mountain buggy duet or an inline like the P&T verve or hammerhead!
                        I believe it will.
                        If you're on FB, the baby jogger australia page is good for asking questions- a representative from Baby Jogger will answer your comment/question

The downside of the GT double for me is the price (advertised as $950 at Baby Bunting) but we have a friend in the US who will bring one in his luggage when he next visits Aus in a couple of months

Comment

Wow, that price is ridiculous, I'm sure I read it was only going to be $499us , I figured it would be a little more but not nearly double. I'm a bit put off by the width too, the MB duet is much narrower, but then, the seats will be narrower too! Such a tough decision, I'm sure i don't even put this much thought into purchasing a car!

Comment

Working...
                          X