This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzie View Post
    I have the Dora talking house. Of course I cant get through to the phone line so Im not sure what to do just yet. I have taken them away from the girls though. Just think, my girls have both been playing with it and Josie has been sucking on the figures!!!
    Click on the links and it tells you where to go and what you can do. It also has the codes to see if your product has been affected or not.

Comment

well this is just dandy - we bought ds the dora talking house and the individual figurines (all of which are pictured) after the may time period. therefore it says that i should follow the prompts in the mattel website BUT then it says which country am i from canada or the US? So does this apply to us in AUSTRALIA?????

I really hope not, because my kids play with that thing nearly every day. BOOHOO!

Comment

I finally received an email back from Matell. They want me to fill out a form and post it along with the doll house back to them. They didnt say what happens next so I am waiting for another email answering my questions.
        My probs with this are that I dont believe I should have to post back my DOLL HOUSE to them as I now have to find apropriate packaging for this and although its free to post it, its not free to package it.
        I also dont feel safe letting my girls play with other Dora items that although arent on the list, were still bought at the same time as the affected items.
        My BABY has been sucking on these lead covered toys, exactly what am I to look out for in regards to this? They didnt bother telling me that information, only that so far there havent been any injuries. So far.
        I dont know how this can have happened and where it all went wrong as its common knowledge that you DONT USE LEAD BASED PAINT!!!!!! And yet, not only did the Chinese makers use the paint, but where were the safety nets to guard against this happening and being allowed to be sold? Its all well and good to recall them, but how about not letting it happen in the first place!
        I am NOT happy.

Comment

this is just such an awful & unthinkable thing to have happened

Comment

There's another recall of Mattel products...

http://www.mattel.com/safety/en/

Mattel Barbie-branded toys and Fisher-Price toy
            Date: 05/09/2007
            Supplier Name: Mattel Pty Ltd
            Product Info: Barbie-branded toys. Product number K8606. Barbie Table & Chairs Kitchen Playset. Affected Items: Two dinner plates, Miniature dog, Potato chip bowl, Salad bowl. K8607. Barbie Bathtub & Toilet Playset. Affected Item: Miniature cat. K8608. Barbie Living Room Playset. Affected Item: Miniature cat. K8609. Barbie Desk & Chair Bedroom Playset. Affected Item: Miniature dog. K8613. Barbie Living Room Playset. Affected Item: Handbag. The items were sold between November 2006 and August 2007. PLEASE NOTE: NO BARBIE DOLLS ARE INCLUDED WITHIN THE RECALL. Fisher-Price toy. Product Number H5705. Fisher-Price GEOTRAX Rail & Road System Freightway Transport. Affected Item: Yellow headlights on train & miniature ladder. The toy was manufactured between 31 July 2006 and 4 September 2006. The affected Mattel toys were sold at major retailers, supermarkets and independent toy retailers in Australia. Photographs of the recalled items can be seen at www.service.mattel.com
            Defect Details: Surface paint on the toys may contain increased levels of lead
            Consumer action: Consumers should immediately take any affected toys away from children. There are three ways to contact Mattel to determine if your product is affected: Visit Mattel's website at www.service.mattel.com and click through to Australia. Email Mattel via - infoaust@mattel.com. Call Mattel Australia on toll-free 1800 674 753 between Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (Aust EST). Do not return recalled product to retail stores. Consumers will receive a refund to the value of the returned product. Please note, consumers do not need to have the toy's original packaging or a receipt to return affected products to Mattel.
            Market Coverage: National
            Recall Coverage: National

Comment

Bloody hell.

I'm getting paranoid about Ava's Pooh Starlight projector now. She likes to chew his nose and there are chips of paint gone.
              Whose to say it won't be the next thing recalled.

Stupid bloody companies.

Comment

I can't seem to get into the magnet recall pages on the mattel site. Can anyone else? Does anybody know where else I can see the recalled products?

Comment

Eezy peezy range at Kmart - RECALLED

From another thread:
                  Originally posted by subaruforestermum View Post
                  Just letting people know that the Eezy peezy slide on sale (starting tomorrow) at Kmart for $79 has been recalled, due to the product being unsafe, and poor manufacturing!

I went to layby one today at the $129 price, so I could get in before it went on sale and it wasnt allowed due to the recall...

Apparently the swings and other products in the same brand are also or have been recalled.

Comment

OMG i cant belive there are so many recalls
                    thats shocking when you think about it

Comment

The other day in the paper (Courier mail, 2nd of october) there was an article about a new Recall of Thomas the Tank Engines.

New Recall

Comment

Baby Yoplait

There has been a recall in the last few days of Baby Yoplait and Yoplait Elivae Yoghurt due to metal contamination. Here is the info put out by the company......

http://www.natfoods.com.au/ProductRecall.pdf

Just FYI

Comment

For anyone with older children who are obsessed with Bindeez like my ds is..

Bindeez recall

Comment

http://www.fisher-price.com/au/help/default.asp#safety

Comment

the bindeez recall is a shocking its even thouught it may of been deliberate using this horrible drug.. my daughter will be devastated she got the big bindeez kit for her birthday in sept,and spent her own money buying more refills.

Comment

Originally posted by madhousemum View Post
                                the bindeez recall is a shocking its even thouught it may of been deliberate using this horrible drug.. my daughter will be devastated she got the big bindeez kit for her birthday in sept,and spent her own money buying more refills.
                                It's awful isnt it
                                My cousins lil girl has 5000!! of them still in the box so she is taking them back.
                                My other friend which was not so careful with them.. has them all over her house!

Comment

Working...
                                X