Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth options in the Logan area

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me what maternity care and birth options are available in Logan? We have recently moved to Lagan village (near mt tamborine) and considering trying for lo #3.
    My ds was born at a birth centre- amazing!!!
    Dd born in a private hospital (as I couldn't get into birth centre) I had nice natural birth but there was a lot of negotiation with the Ob to achieve this! I really enjoyed the 4 day break in hospital though
    From what I can see Logan hospital is the only one close by....... Iv heard really good things about the new goldcoast university hospital..... Is it worth the drive (45 min)?? Or is there something else close by I'm not aware of??
    I'd consider home birth but its just tooexpensive

If you have PHI I think john flynn at the GC has a maternity section. Or you could try other private hospitals such as mater, sunnybank or greenslopes.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Sunnybank private would probably be the closest to you. I've had friends who have birthed there and said it was lovely!

I wouldn't be keen on something as far away as the Gold Coast knowing what the traffic can be like to get there, much the same as anything in brisbane city. Might not be too much fun driving in a hurry to get to hospital at 7-9am and copping peak hour traffic on the way

Ziiiiiiiiinnnnnggggg

Comment

My Midwives is an independent group practice that do homebirths and I'm pretty sure have practicing/admission rights at Logan Hospital, and if not would be able to antenatal/postnatal shared care and attend your birth at the hospital as a support person.

I think Logan also has a good midwifery group practice there as well.

Comment

I am not sure you would get ibto the gold coast hospital as you wouldn't fall into the catchment. I am in the Logan area and I avoided the logan hospital and went to the mater but I was high risk.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

I've got friends in logan who went to pindara private hospital on GC. It's in ashmore. Probably a30-45 minute drive. Great OBs etc. They also run a program called versace program. After the birth you can move to the versace hotel where midwives will check on you etc and you can enjoy the hotel facilities and comfort.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

The new gold coast hospital has just opened im off there today for an appointment its not in the middle of southport like the old one so you might qualify.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Lots for me to look into!
                The Versace package sounds interesting Ideally I'd have midwifery care as I really like their intervention free philosophy but I have a severely adhd son at home so it's also important for me to take some time out to bond with bub before we come home to the chaos!

Comment

Working...
                X