Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monash public vs private hospital

Hi all,

I have Bupa top hospital cover and wanting to know pros and cons of going to Monash hospital, Clayton as public patient or jessie mac private hospital, Clayton as private. I am also in high risk pregnancy as I have diabetes type 2.

Thanks

Originally posted by Dreamingon View Post
    Hi all,

I have Bupa top hospital cover and wanting to know pros and cons of going to Monash hospital, Clayton as public patient or jessie mac private hospital, Clayton as private. I am also in high risk pregnancy as I have diabetes type 2.

Thanks
    I'd go public with Monash, that's my catchment area too but from my understanding Monash hospital only books in high risk pregnancies (which you qualify for) everyone else in the catchment will be sent to Dandenong hospital.

Basicly people book into Jessie Mac to buy their way into Monash, apparently there really isn't much difference between the 2, your in a Tertiary hospital either way.

Because you qualify for admission already and don't need to buy your way into the public hospital of your choice I'd save the money and go public

Comment

I feel like you’ve hit the jackpot being zoned to Monash tbh.

Plus, in private, if anything serious happens during the labour you end up getting transferred to the Monash anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X