No announcement yet.

How big is too big??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told that if the average of all measurements comes to above 98th, then going natural, they induce in 39th week. Not sure about cs though

Comment

What was the abdo percentile? Is length and femur coming up as 98 or above?

Comment

Originally posted by babybeeno1 View Post
        I’ll add another friend had her first ds dec 17. All the way through they had him measuring small. He was 4.96kg at 40+5 with a 39cm head. [emoji24][emoji30]. He was big boy.
        Holy $#@!balls Batman!!! Whoa.
        Originally posted by Kazza78 View Post
        I was told that if the average of all measurements comes to above 98th, then going natural, they induce in 39th week. Not sure about cs though
        Thanks.
        What was the abdo percentile? Is length and femur coming up as 98 or above?
        AC was above all the lines and marginally creeping further up - but still following the same general curve.
        Femur and head were pretty well spot on 50th % lines.
        They didn't give an overall length?
        They didn't give me a % today either, just the estimated weight. 4 weeks ago they said he was following the 98th %ile 🤷‍♀️

Comment

How big is too big??

Ok so head and femur were only 50th, so it’s only abdo that was 98th or above?
          So we are thinking maybe only a 70th percentile baby here

Full term boy maybe 3.9 ish
          39weeks less
          38weeks less again

Comment

Yeah head and femur only 50th, but they're saying with and I he's currently around 4kgs now, and we have 3 weeks to go.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
              Yeah head and femur only 50th, but they're saying with and I he's currently around 4kgs now, and we have 3 weeks to go.
              Not sure how they got that estimate then for 36w with two of the measurements only 50th.

Comment

We were told DS was going to be a whopping big baby based on ultrasound and he was a very normal 3.9kgs/7lbs.

Comment

Shadow I bet you have a 3.8 kg baby based on the measurements. Good luck!! [emoji6]

Comment

Shadow I bet you have a 3.8 kg baby based on the measurements. Good luck!! [emoji6]
                    Jeez I hope so! Thank you [emoji4]

I guess we just wait and see

I'm sure if they feel there's concern they'll act accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by ICanDream View Post
                      We were told DS was going to be a whopping big baby based on ultrasound and he was a very normal 3.9kgs/7lbs.
                      That would be nice! [emoji23] I'd love a normal sized baby

Comment

They won’t get him out earlier I’m sure with those 50th percentiles there.

Comment

That's ok... I am still concerned about his size but happy to let him bake a while longer.

I've got too much to do still before I'm incapacitated [emoji23]

I'm just worried if they do change their minds about accommodation for everyone. Where I've booked are great and said they'll change our booking for no cost given the circumstances: if they can accommodate us. But of course between 37-38w, the town and surrounds is booked out completely for races 🤦‍♀️
                          If they can't accommodate us, they'll provide us with vouchers for 12 months to use at the chain in Australia so it's not all lost, but I would like everyone to be able to stay close if possible

Comment

FWIW I had a lot of ultrasounds with my high risk pregnancy and was told that size estimates can be plus or minus 10% when performed by a top expert with state of the art machinery. I would imagine the error margin would be much higher in the hands of a non expert.

Comment

I had extra scans for DS with the top people at mater. Last scan put him at 42%. He was born at 15%.

Comment

Originally posted by MLadyEm View Post
                                Your size shouldn’t matter. If it’s being measured correctly that is. In saying that if you know baby is already estimated 4kg at 36 weeks, of course it’s going to be out haha.
                                I agree that fundal height won’t be larger based on larger mother size

Comment

Working...
                                X