No announcement yet.

Tricks for lowering fasting levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone who is struggling with breads, I use the Helgas lower carb bread. I personally like the 5 seeds one. I've been sort of eating it on and off since before I was pregnant anyway... but since the gd diagnosis I've made a hard switch.

Each slice is just under 10g carbs each. Our regular bread (wonder white with added iron, vitamins, fiber etc) is near 17g per slice.

Comment

I've had to start overnight insulin. Has anyone had this? The dose is constantly increasing, and I've only ever got under 5 twice.
      These two times it's gotten under 5, two days later it's over again. I'm up to 14 units tonight.
      The GD nurse says it's normal to increase insulin over time, but it's going up almost every day.
      If anyone has been on O/N insulin for fasting levels, how often did your units increase?

Comment

Originally posted by SJ565 View Post
        I've had to start overnight insulin. Has anyone had this? The dose is constantly increasing, and I've only ever got under 5 twice.
        These two times it's gotten under 5, two days later it's over again. I'm up to 14 units tonight.
        The GD nurse says it's normal to increase insulin over time, but it's going up almost every day.
        If anyone has been on O/N insulin for fasting levels, how often did your units increase?
        Yep this was me and I’m sure it’s about to happen again.

Every Friday I would email my endocrinologist my levels and almost weekly my dose would go up. I have PCOS and insulin resistance which didn’t help.

I’m glad you posted this I needed to reread my words to you, I’ve been randomly checking a couple times a week and I’m officially over now with my fasting levels. Yet again angry at myself when I shouldn’t be.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=127453]Mum-I-Am[/MENTION]. I email the GD nurse every day with my levels, insulin goes up almost every day.
          Post meal levels are generally fine, just fasting is consistently out

Comment

Originally posted by SJ565 View Post
            Thanks [MENTION=127453]Mum-I-Am[/MENTION]. I email the GD nurse every day with my levels, insulin goes up almost every day.
            Post meal levels are generally fine, just fasting is consistently out
            My endo used to give it a few days to improve unless it was going up.

I’ve never had an issue with post meal levels unless I’ve done something really silly just fasting.

Comment

Working...
            X