When did you announce your pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you announce your pregnancy?

With my DD I waited until the 12 week scan to tell my parents, and by the time we told the rest of the family it was 14 weeks.

I don’t really believe in there being a “safe point” when it comes to pregnancy. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks which is pretty unlikely at that stage. My doula had a miscarriage at 14 weeks, my friend had a still birth at 8 months. I ended up sharing that I’d had a miscarriage anyway, I couldn’t imagine going through that and putting energy into hiding it.

DH really wants to tell my family this weekend (8 weeks). I feel much more confident after having a scan yesterday, but I still can’t make up my mind!

On the one hand it would be so lovely to tell everyone, but sometimes I feel a bit uncomfortable about it… like I’m not ready to spill the secret yet. But I don’t know if that’s just the lingering “wait to 12 weeks” belief I used to have.

When did you announce your pregnancy? How did you feel about it?

With my daughter, we told both sets of parents after seeing a strong heartbeat at our 7 week scan.

We waited till after the 12 week scan and NIPT results to tell everyone else.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I’m sorry to hear of your earlier loss. I’m about 4.5 weeks along myself but a bit too scared to join the June DIG just yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Beary View Post
      With my daughter, we told both sets of parents after seeing a strong heartbeat at our 7 week scan.

We waited till after the 12 week scan and NIPT results to tell everyone else.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I’m sorry to hear of your earlier loss. I’m about 4.5 weeks along myself but a bit too scared to join the June DIG just yet!
      Thank you! Yeah I think I’d like to wait until the second trimester before announcing to the rest of the world. But immediate family is different.
      And congratulations [emoji2] I hope to see you in the June group soon!

Comment

We told parents and siblings immediately. DSS was told after our dating scan, and after our 9 week scan we told close friends. My work knew from the get go, as I did IVF and they knew I had a transfer. We did a public announcement after our 12 week scan, but by then it was the worst kept “secret” - not that we were trying to keep it secret, we just filtered it out slowly to begin with.

Comment

I always feel so nervous and awkward telling people face to face - I much prefer doing a cute facebook announcement haha. But I know family at least need to be told in person. We told them at 8 weeks with our first, and around 12 weeks with second and third. I also told me best friend between 5 & 9 weeks with each (but not this time as I don't know how she's going to respond!!)

Comment

Working...
          X