Confused....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused....

I am having a confusing time, with no definitive answer. Has anyone had a similar experience?
    LMP:22/07/2021
    Clearblue test positive states 1-2weeks.
    19/08- Hcg 26, started bleeding not heavy but not light either
    21/08- bleeding stopped
    23/08- Hcg 95 dr says any other bleeding or pain get it checked out at hospital
    29/08- go to hospital spot bleeding and felt pain, not excruciating, Hcg- 68.
    30/08- hospital calls to go in for an ultrasound, everything is checked and there is absolutely no sign of anything there, so dr calls put it down to a miscarriage says go back for a blood test in a week to make sure it's going down.
    06/09- Hcg 183.
    Dr is confused, I'm definitely confused. He said maybe that I ovulated after the bleed and this is a seperate pregnancy. I have to go for another blood test Monday coming to see what the levels are doing, so these last results put me at 3-4 weeks and If I go from when I bleed it puts me at around 3 weeks.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Keep an eye on it, Emma. I suspect that it's an ectopic or a vanishing twin. Stranger things have happened, but I doubt that in the period of eight days (29/08/21 to 06/09/21), you would have ovulated, with a new baby implanting and your HCG having reached 183 already. It's likely the same pregnancy.
    I would push for another ultrasound in addition to a blood test. At almost seven weeks along, you should be able to see a sac and, at the very least, a thickened lining.
    I am not an early bird or a night owl.
    I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

Confused....

How does a vanishing twin work? I have no pain, no more bleeding but b00bs have increased again with soreness, with the initial bleeding it went away. My dr will do weekly bloods and I suppose I'll have to wait for the bloods and then go from there. Shouldn't the levels be higher than what they are if I go by LMP?
      Last edited by Emma1217; 08-09-2021, 19:09.

Comment

Two embryos are growing side by side, and the initial increase in HCG should reflect that (you might notice it will more than double in the beginning). Though I believe yours was just under doubling (from 26 to 95 in 4 days).
        Sadly, as one embryo passes, you might note a slowdown or temporary drop in HCG levels, after which HCG levels should theoretically continue to rise as the viable bub continues to grow.
        My concern is that at 5.5 weeks, you had a scan that did not show anything. Not even a thickened lining? What does the ultrasound report say?

Comment

Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
          Two embryos are growing side by side, and the initial increase in HCG should reflect that (you might notice it will more than double in the beginning). Though I believe yours was just under doubling (from 26 to 95 in 4 days).
          Sadly, as one embryo passes, you might note a slowdown or temporary drop in HCG levels, after which HCG levels should theoretically continue to rise as the viable bub continues to grow.
          My concern is that at 5.5 weeks, you had a scan that did not show anything. Not even a thickened lining? What does the ultrasound report say?
          Strange. Could have been.
          I did ask the dr if possibly it was a twin and he said that wasn't highly likely but I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility. However he was confused as the US report found nothing in the tubes no sac, nothing but the hcg came back higher, it is not doubling like it should, I just want to know, so if I need further treatment I can receive it sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma1217 View Post
            Strange. Could have been.
            I did ask the dr if possibly it was a twin and he said that wasn't highly likely but I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility. However he was confused as the US report found nothing in the tubes no sac, nothing but the hcg came back higher, it is not doubling like it should, I just want to know, so if I need further treatment I can receive it sooner rather than later.
            Leaving it too late would be my concern too. If I were you, I would push for another ultrasound to confirm. Ask the GP to make a note of your concerns on the referral.
            There is another possibility, and that is, retained tissue. But I don't think it would lead to an HCG rise?

Comment

Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
              Emma1217 this is what I was trying to explain on the TTC page, but I couldn’t remember the name. I hear a lot of this happening on the ivf post.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecrazycatlady View Post
                Emma1217 this is what I was trying to explain on the TTC page, but I couldn’t remember the name. I hear a lot of this happening on the ivf post.
                Do they go on to have normal pregnancies, I'm in uncharted waters, and I'm a bit worried that something is going to go wrong.

Comment

I think a few did maybe look. Into some of the old ivf threads..

Comment

Originally posted by Thecrazycatlady View Post
                    I think a few did maybe look. Into some of the old ivf threads..
                    I'll have a look, thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X