Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angelini
    replied
    My GP suggested licorice (the chewy sweet, not the root!) as a natural MS aid.

Leave a comment:

• minipolly2b
    replied
    licorice

I think the problem with the licorice herb is that it puts your blood pressure up & increases fluid retention, which is something to avoid where possible!

Leave a comment:

• SpiritofaWarrior
    replied
    I heard (in passing), that it can actually help to induce labor! Not sure if there is any truth to it tho?

Leave a comment:

• happy2bmumma
    replied
    This is a little sad im 37+5 and have been eating a bit as i think its delish, i think there is wayyyyyyyy too many hings you can and cant eat no wonder so many kids have allergies and other medical problems

Leave a comment:

• acerbaby
    replied
    yes the one I am eating does contain the active ingredient so may just put it away for a few months

Leave a comment:

• minipolly2b
    replied
    licorice

I'm pretty sure this only applies to the actual herb licorice root, and most candy licorice doesn't contain the herb, it's usually just sugar & some aniseed flavour? Check the ingredients & see if it actually contains the licorice root, and if it does then avoid it..

Leave a comment:

• acerbaby
    started a topic licorice

licorice

Licorice. I love the stuff and have just started to get massively big cravings for it. Recently a friend warned me it is not good for consumption during pregnancy as an ingredient in it can cause stress hormones to cross the placental.

I googled it and there is some research to suggest this and that it can also lead to 'lower IQ', which explains a lot because my mother is a licorice freak and craved it during pregancy :-)

Anyway, I am taking this all with a pinch of salt but was wondering if anyone else has heard this before?!
Working...
X