Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck with boys names

Hey everyone!
    I was just wondering if anyone has any idea's for boys name that aren't common. We've come up with Girls names, but it's a common name(Hayley Rebecca Rose) My fiance wants a boys name that isn't common and sounds nice. Anyone got any ideas? Your ideas will be very muchly appreciated

Hey Beck,
    I have the opposite dilema..i'm after a girls' name...slightly unusual but so far have nothing
    As for boys, probably a bit common but here they are

Lucas
    Jye
    Marcus

Really hard isn't it, considering they have it for life!

Hope this helpl,
    Cheers Jen

dd Jaime 6
    ds Benjamin 4

Comment

Hiya,

Get a book, I found 'Baby Names for Australians' by Anne Matthews, to be really good, it had a decent selection and lots of good unusual ones.
      I know it sounds corny (I never thought I would need a book to pick out my childrens names!) but for us it was the only way, and it has some things that you may not think of or people would not suggest.

Good luck!
      Monica

Comment

How about

Brady
        Flynn
        Finn
        Malachi
        Eden
        Braden
        Kaden
        Kade
        Zane
        Zak
        Zeek
        Xavier
        Logan
        Brendan
        Joseph
        Jake
        Quinn
        Oscar
        Xander

That is about all I can think of at the moment. Good luck choosing as it so hard finding a name everyone likes.
        Last edited by Elfin; 07-07-2005, 11:48.

Comment

hey i have Isaiah , Tyrone and Jayten but here are some that we also liked

Jalen
          Kai
          xavier
          Bodie(Patrick swayze's name in Point break ) my dh didnt like it lol
          Riley
          coby
          tyson
          trey

Comment

I too had the same problem, dh and I found it really difficult to agree on a boys name, so luckily for us we had a little girl!!!!

Next time round if I have a boy I really love the names Eden or Riley.

Good luck!!!

Comment

The cutest boys name I've heard recently is Nash.

Comment

We have two adult male friends with names you rarely come across - Perrin and Saxon. I also once knew a Creighton. Another unusual one that a friend has used for her son is Rylan.

Comment

I Love Names

Hi Beck
                  One name that I like is "Garrick" ... sounds very chivalrous and you can call him "Gazza" for short. (sorry I know it really okker, but if I had a boy I'd LOVE that). It come from old French (I think) means something like "elf spear". Although you do need to know that there is a character in Star Trek Deep Space Nine also called Garrick, as this may well put you off - if you do not want hard core "trekkies" assuming that you share the passion .

Cheers (I'm sure his name will be fantastic)

Comment

try different langauges or mythical names:

I also had heaps of girls names, but when Zac was born the only boys name I liked was Kavin - meaning handsome (Hindu)

but I ended up using Adonis (Greek god - also meaning handsome) as a middle name

Comment

Hi why dont you try a great site called [url]www.babynameaddicts.com it has over 50 000 names in alphabetical order.
                      I like Thomas, Samuel,Cooper, Noah, Flynn, Aiden, Eden, Declan, Ashton, Isiah, Eli, Nash, Will, and well thats all i can think of for now

Comment

I like Xavier, Xander, Elijah, Ethan, Logan, Jackson, Graeme, Gregory, Stefan...my hubby has vetoed them all though!

Comment

I prefer the more uncommon names also
                          I quite liked Kael (Celtic - Mighty Warrior) but now since i've found out the baby's going to be a girl Ive got to think of other names now

Another name I like is Shay (Celtic - A Gift)

Comment

these are all the unusual boys names I've heard:

Perrin
                            Kilvington
                            Griffin
                            Jaz (maybe short for something?)
                            Arduin
                            Loki
                            Hedley
                            Orlando
                            Bartholamew
                            Ceilsi