What contraception do you love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What contraception do you love?

I'm at my wits end tbh! I need a contraception but am finding it pretty damn hard.The pill makes me feel sick. Really sick. And I've tried most on the market. So it's not an option.Copper coil scares the bejesus outta me bc there are a lot of people who have said they have had complications. That injection contraception scares me bc I don't want to put on weight.My partner doesn't want a vasectomy. That's cool. Am I doomed to condoms foreva!!???So what works for you? Any suggestions? Thx!

i was super duper nervous about Mirena (an IUD) and i said i would never have one but then in february i found out i was pregnant and then found out it was ectopic all because we relied on condoms and one day we got a bit carried away didn't use a condom (was the day my period was finishing so really not an overly fertile time) took the morning after pill 8 hours later and ended up with the very rare complication of ectopic pregnancy was rushed for emergency surgery had my tube and the baby removed and a mirena fitted 4 weeks later it really wasn't as bad as i thought it would be mine did slip and i had to have it removed and another put in but now its great and i don't have to worry about it at all

Comment

Nuva ring Works for me

Comment

I am a fan of the Diaphram, but GPs dont generally have the fitting equipment any more. In Brisbane, for example, you would need to go to the Family Planning Clinic in Fortitude Valley.

Without a regular partner, I haven't had one for quite some time, so am a little hazy on the details. I think it is that you can keep it in for up to twelve hours, and if you have intercourse you must leave it in for at least four hours afterwards. This means that you have nearly eight hours to allow for spontaneity.
        Last edited by sweetseven; 25-05-2012, 16:17.

Comment

The "pull-out-when-I-think-I'm-fertile method".

Wouldn't call it fail proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic Hiss View Post

We use exactly this method.

Comment

I have the copper iud. So far no issues at all, I love it no nasty hormonal side effects. My first af just after insertion was very painful but 2nd one just gone was not painful at all, it was a very heavy flow though. I forget it's there at times, don't notice anything different at all.

Comment

Lol I'm too embarrassed to admit this in real life. I will have to sort out some "proper" contraception once we're done having babies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Comment

ours too until we are completely done with babies.

Comment

Lol that was what we were doing before we had kids & inbetween having them. But I don't want any more kids!!!!! So I need something with better odds lol iykwim?

Comment

Implanon? I had no negative side effects, periods were shorter and lighter.

Comment

We use natural family planning, have for years and years. Never had one unplanned pg and while you can't have sex a few days a month it's liberating not having synthetic hormones in my body. I also react badly to the pill, thus what caused us to use this method.

You do however, have to be very in tune with your body and really understand your cycle for it to be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by delirium View Post
                          We use natural family planning, have for years and years. Never had one unplanned pg and while you can't have sex a few days a month it's liberating not having synthetic hormones in my body. I also react badly to the pill, thus what caused us to use this method.

You do however, have to be very in tune with your body and really understand your cycle for it to be effective.
                          And you need some sort of predicatable cycles ... so that rules me out! I spent so much time & effort trying to work out when I ovulated when we were TTCing as it changed (by up to 10 or 12 days) that the thought of doing this type of thing forever is extremely off putting.

Choosing a contraceptive choice is hard. I don't mind The Pill, but as I'm BFing even that isn't an option right now .

Comment

If you and your DH are sure you're done, why don't you look into vasectomy/tube tying?

I want to finalize my family so I can have my tubes tied and be done with hormones/condoms/worrying about fertile/infertile days!!

Comment

None! We used withdrawal method until we were TTC.
                              I have severe PCOS and endo. Tried microgynan, levlen, yasmin, implanon and mirena and all have had bad side effects.

Looking at hysterectomy after bubby is born, supposed to be having an endo excision anyway but this is definitely last bub.

Comment

Working...
                              X