• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swear by the mirena iud.

Comment

Natural family planing here too,

I haven't used a 'contraceptive' for 12 months,

I couple this with the withdrawal method and so far no babies.

I used a period tracker at first which helped me notice things like cervical mucous and ovulation cramps

I ovulate around day 12 not 14 though so their fertile window is wrong for me
      Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Comment

Originally posted by dreadlockfairy View Post
        I'm at my wits end tbh! I need a contraception but am finding it pretty damn hard.The pill makes me feel sick. Really sick. And I've tried most on the market. So it's not an option.Copper coil scares the bejesus outta me bc there are a lot of people who have said they have had complications. That injection contraception scares me bc I don't want to put on weight.My partner doesn't want a vasectomy. That's cool. Am I doomed to condoms foreva!!???So what works for you? Any suggestions? Thx!
        I got the copper IUD.
        Why does it scare you?
        I've had mine in for nearly a year and can say I love it.
        Prior to having our baby we used condoms. After having unprotected sex during pregnancy, when we went back to condoms, it just was crap!! LOL
        the doctor told me my period pain will be bad .... I have PCOS so that scared me as my pain was already unbearable - I use to faint....
        But the twp cycles I had after DD was born were quite good and was willing to give it a go as the pill has never worked right with my body therefore mirena was out for me.

Pain - I have probably had to have panadol for maybe two cycles... very mild pain in comparison to what I had before DD.

Blood- alot of it!

It is definitely heavy and Its annoying however small price to pay (picture first day period for 7 days)

Lastly TMI but.... I get a strong odour, just hours after a shower I am cleaning myself with baby wipes!

But overall, I love my IUD and plan to get it redone after the next one until me and dh decide whether our family is complete, then its the snip for DH!

mummy to gods gift to us

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
          The "pull-out-when-I-think-I'm-fertile method".

Wouldn't call it fail proof.
          Be careful!! My DD was conceived using the pull out method. The ONE weekend I slept with FOB, it turns out I was ovulating and somehow one of the little swimmers made it to the egg!!

Comment

We use withdrawal but we do that the entire month and my cycles are regular and I know when I ovulate. I don't know what I'll do when we are done having babies. I will be in the same boat I guess because hormonal methods don't agree with me at all.

Comment

Choosing a contraceptive choice is hard. I don't mind The Pill, but as I'm BFing even that isn't an option right now .[/QUOTE]

You can use the mini pill while breastfeeding

Comment

We're using the hope and pray method

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  Be careful!! My DD was conceived using the pull out method. The ONE weekend I slept with FOB, it turns out I was ovulating and somehow one of the little swimmers made it to the egg!!
                  Yeah DS was conceived with this method. But this time round it was the one time we decided not to pull out, knowing I was fertile. So it has worked ok for us. Like PPs have said, it will be fine till we stop having kids. Then maybe DH will have a vasectomy.

Comment

Originally posted by knomie View Post
                    I got the copper IUD.
                    Why does it scare you?
                    I've had mine in for nearly a year and can say I love it.
                    Prior to having our baby we used condoms. After having unprotected sex during pregnancy, when we went back to condoms, it just was crap!! LOL
                    the doctor told me my period pain will be bad .... I have PCOS so that scared me as my pain was already unbearable - I use to faint....
                    But the twp cycles I had after DD was born were quite good and was willing to give it a go as the pill has never worked right with my body therefore mirena was out for me.

Pain - I have probably had to have panadol for maybe two cycles... very mild pain in comparison to what I had before DD.

Blood- alot of it!

It is definitely heavy and Its annoying however small price to pay (picture first day period for 7 days)

Lastly TMI but.... I get a strong odour, just hours after a shower I am cleaning myself with baby wipes!

But overall, I love my IUD and plan to get it redone after the next one until me and dh decide whether our family is complete, then its the snip for DH!

mummy to gods gift to us
                    You should probably check with a dr about the odour, I haven't had that problem with my copper iud and they can increase the risk of infections.
                    Glad to see another lover of the copper iud though I was pretty scared to get it at first too but I'm so glad I did, its great.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!Ummm to answer a few questions. Why doesn't my DH get a vasectomy? He doesn't want one. Lol. But seriously I don't want to pressure him into something he doesn't want to do, so...yeah..not an option.Why does copper coil scare me? Just stories I have heard, like for example about ppl falling pregnant with it & then not being able to remove the copper coil but leaving it in meant they miscarried around 20 weeks. I dunno if the chances of this are high or low but I get scared. Lol I'm a big scaredy cat! And also the higher chances of infection scare me. Yup scaredy cat I know....The natural method is not reliable for me because I have PCOS & very irregular periods. I just can't risk getting it wrong.And yeah, the pill is just awful. Plain awful. I wish there was a male pill!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Copper IUD's scare the crap out of me too. There's something that freaks me out about metal being up there. I'm sure it's a great device but not for me

Comment

What about the Diaphragm?

Comment

I was on dep shot for a few years no worries..

Comment

I've tried many things. The pill decreases my libido Implanon made me fat! And I had a continuous period for three months! Withdrawal worked until we forgot to withdraw! Then using morning after pill caused my ectopic! This means I can't use an IUD.

The best thing? The Nuva ring. It's the lowest dose of hormone possible and so easy. You put in once a month keep in for three weeks and then remove for a week. It is so good - I recommend it to anyone!

Comment

I thought I hit the jack pot with the idea of the nuva ring but you can't use it while breastfeeding

Comment

Working...
                                X