Mirena IUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirena IUD

Does anyone have any experience with the Mirena IUD (im pretty sure thats what its called!) I've read lots about it and this seems to be the way I'll be going once bubs is born but I really want to hear some first hand experiences with it first!

Hi, there have been quite a few threads about this one in the past. I personally have one, but have had quite difference experiences to others on BH. I will try and find the link.

Comment

I used to have an IUD, which I loved. After I have my little one in December (definately my last), I will have another installed (so to speak). I wasn't game enough to try the Mirena as greater amounts progesterone really has a nasty effect on me. Hopefully someone can be of more help about the progesterone side to a Mirena. But IUD's get the from me.

Comment

Here's the link to the other thread I was talking about...

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ead.php?t=6624

Comment

thanks for posting that link I just had a read through it all!

Now im scared of the pain having it inserted especially as I plan on getting it at my 6 week check after my c-section!!!

will having a general cost more to have it done? im assuming it will :S

I'm a woss and cant imagine putting myself through more pain that close to the dreaded c-section so if i can make it as pain free as possible I surely will..... lol im one of the ppl that should i ever experience natural childbirth my motto is: if the drugs are there, take them.. why be in pain unneccesarily lol

Comment

Talk to your doctor, but my Ob/Gyn won't put mine in until at least 10 weeks after a c-section (5 weeks to go - will let you know how it goes with a local )

Comment

Hey, I've already spoken to my ob and they said having it in at my 6 week check is when they reccommend it. If they said no anyway I'd find somewhere else that would, I was pregnant 12 weeks after my daughter was born... im not risking it again lmao we will have our last bub when we are ready to lol

Comment

I had one put in about 2 weeks ago now. I found it to be painfull as he had to make a hole in my cervix as he couldnt get it through OUCH!!

And then I was in pretty bad pain, this lasted for 3 days before it started to subside, I can normally handle pain too, but had a heat pack with me all the time and had to take paracetamol!!

Now though I am in no pain, hopefully I dont get pregnant, as I did on depoprovera!!!

Anyways just letting you know my experience

Comment

I have posted on previous threads about the Mirena. I had mine inserted in Oct 05, about 8 weeks post-c/s and although it was very uncomfortable, and I felt a little dizzy for 15 mins, I have no complaints. I only had very light spotting for the first few days and no other symptoms since then!!

I spoke to my OB about the Mirena at my 6 week check up and he said to take panadol half an hour before my appt, to reduce the possibility of pain. He also gave me the info and I took a couple of weeks to research and decide it was the way to go for me (I got pregnant on the pill, and didn't want injection/implanon/pill). Don't feel pressured to have it at your six week appt if you aren't ready. Also talk to your ob about managing the pain, as that seems to be your main fear.
                  Good luck with it.

Comment

Aside from the pain to get the sucker in there, three years on and I have had a period of sorts (hardly nothing) twice...

Comment

Originally posted by Charmzy
                      Hey, I've already spoken to my ob and they said having it in at my 6 week check is when they reccommend it. If they said no anyway I'd find somewhere else that would, I was pregnant 12 weeks after my daughter was born... im not risking it again lmao we will have our last bub when we are ready to lol
                      All the Obs that do it here won't actually do it until 8 weeks after minimum, they actually recommend 12 weeks after! Wasn't really happy when they told me that, but not risking the pregnancy thing neither... fair to say DH isn't really happy about it

Comment

Iv had mine in the about 11 months now and i I think it's fantastic! Iv had no probs with it at all. No bleeding, no pain, nothing. I forget it's there really. I had no trouble putting it in and believe me im such a wimp, if it hurt i would defo tell you. Its defo gets the from me. Id reccommend it to anyone!

Comment

I found that it didn't hurt too much when I had mine implanted at 8 weeks. I really liked it and had it removed in Sept to start TTC #2. I fell pregnant in Jan but miscarried but I don't think the Mirena had anything to do with that. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X