Birth of my 7th child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth of my 7th child

Hi all on March 18 I went in for an induction due to my doctor's saying baby was measuring small for gestation. They'd been telling me this since 19 weeks. While lying on the bed having monitoring on CGT machine I had a fainting episode so had to be rolled over. When I was checked I was 3cm dilated so I asked for my epidural. Contractions were irregular all the way through my birth. At one point baby's heartrate dropped so I was repositioned. After 2 hour labour I delivered my little boy who weighed more then what they expected. After delivering my boy I had a PPH and lost 3.3l of blood. I had to have to go surgery to put a balloon into try stop the bleeding. Once back in recovery the drs noticed I was still bleeding and decided I had to go back to theatre asap. Once in theatre the drs realised I had a uterine rupture that resulted in me needing to have a total hysterectomy at age 34. On the bright side my family's now complete. Both me and my son are still here to tell our story.

Oh congratulations on your little boy. I'm sorry to hear it was a traumatic experience. I hope you are recovering well x

Comment

PS - I remember you posted a thread about what to name him. I'd love to know!

Comment

Thank you for your caring words. Yes I'm recovering well, altho it's hard not to be able to do much at all. We named our little man Angus Samuel.b

Comment

Originally posted by kazza87 View Post
          Thank you for your caring words. Yes I'm recovering well, altho it's hard not to be able to do much at all. We named our little man Angus Samuel.b
          Gorgeous name. I love it.

I hope he's settled in beautifully and you're recovery is going well.

Comment

Working...
          X