TENS machine experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TENS machine experience?

Hi I am looking for peoples experiences with the TENS machine, long story short I have had 3 births, used gas for the first one the other 2 were drug free. Next time I am thinking about pain options and I am just wondering how people found the TENS machine?

I haven't used it for labour, but back pain after my third birth which was my first csection (emergency) but tbh, I didn't find it helped much at all. Could be different for contractions.

Comment

I loved it, I used it at home prior to going to hospital...

I only got to 5cm before I stopped progressing and had a lot of other issues so ended up with an emergency c-section. But up until that point it was my only form of pain relief...

Would highly recommend it 😀

Comment

I used it throughout my labour (until pushing stage) and it was great. Helped me to focus on something different to the contraction pain, and it has a rhythmic pulse on it that I used to count my breathing with. I used a little gas with DD1, but mainly the TENS. I had planned to use it with DD2's labour, but it happened too quickly!

Comment

I was really skeptical but am a total convert. It completely removed the pain from contractions in my back. Im the downside was that I couldn't put it on my stomach so the contraction pain there was all I could focus on!!!

Comment

I liked it. I think it was more a distraction thing for me rather than helping pain wise as I didn't have any back pain (my pain was all at the front) but I think it helped distract me enough to let me labour to 9cm at home.

Comment

Thanks for the replies is def something I will think about trying, did you have to supply your own?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Loved loved mine. I had to provide my own and I hired my unit from www.birthpartner.com.au

Comment

Used it - LOVED it.

Used it when things were getting full on before I got into birthing pool - it worked REALLY well!

Comment

The hospital had one, but Aldi actually had them for $50 so I bought one. I think you can hire them from chemist for about $80 for 4 weeks but I've seen them at Aldi twice now

Comment

Cool I will have to ask, I know I can use my phi for one will just have to find out what the go is at the time.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Kooglekat View Post
                        Loved loved mine. I had to provide my own and I hired my unit from <a href="http://www.birthpartner.com.au" target="_blank">www.birthpartner.com.au</a>
                        This is where I hired mine from. I loved it. I used it at home and was 9cm+ /going into transition when I got to hospital. It really gives you something to focus on during the contractions. I'd highly recommend trying one. I also highly recommend that website.

Comment

I used it and thought it was great. Put it on at home and continued to use it in hospital. I didn't use any other pain relief.
                          I was also in transition when I arrived at hospital which I think was in part due to the tens.
                          While I was breastfeeding my dd for the first time I noticed a tingling on my back.. it was still on! Haha!
                          I hired mine from a website called Belly Beat I think.
                          Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
                          Last edited by Mambo; 15-01-2014, 14:23.

Comment

I used it but I was induced and it did sweet bugger all. Sorry

I think its a hit it miss pain relief method.

Gas worked for me but the epi was far better

Comment

Originally posted by careermum View Post
                              The hospital had one, but Aldi actually had them for $50 so I bought one. I think you can hire them from chemist for about $80 for 4 weeks but I've seen them at Aldi twice now
                              I didn't use it for labour but my dh got one off ebay for $20 something and is happy with it. I'll try find the link

Comment

Working...
                              X