Christmas gift for my very helpful parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas gift for my very helpful parents

Hi ladies, my family does Kris Kringle for the adults but my parents are amazingly supportive and helpful with looking after our kids while we work so I like to buy them something from my kids. I bought them a gold class voucher one year and while they liked it, mum politely told me they don’t like going to the movies enough for me to spend that much on it lol. Dad doesn’t really enjoy going out for dinner so a restaurant voucher is out. They like live shows but mum got Ticketmaster vouchers for her birthday which was just last week. They’re comfortable financially so don’t really “need” for anything.

My budget is about $100. I’m so stuck, I’ve been thinking about this for months but I need to think of something ASAP, please help!

Are they going on holidays anytime soon? If overseas you could exchange some currency.
    Or book an activity if it's an Australian holiday?
    Maybe they'd like to do something with your family? Take them with you to the zoo, or out for lunch.
    Parents are hard!

Comment

My mum likes wine. So I get her a wine selection.

Comment

You could make up a gourmet food hamper. Bonus points if it's all local.

Comment

Get creative on snapfish and put together a photo book of the family/grandkids - my MIL loved the one we did for her years ago. I also like the hamper idea, Myer have beautiful ones 20% off at the moment or you could make your own.

Comment

or a really lovely photo frame set with photos in it of everyone

Comment

Yeah turning their old photos into photo books could be good.

My parents are ok financially too so they like jobs to be done for them. Voucher for window washing?

Comment

hotel

I would either get them an evening at a nice hotel.

Or pay for them to go to high tea.

Comment

We get MIL a photo gift of the kids every year from them in addition to her gift from us - she helps out so much with the kids.
                  Last year was a calendar, this year is a coffee mug. We’ve also done a photo decoration to put on the Xmas tree in the past. She is very sentimental when it comes to the grandchildren (ours are her only ones so far) and loves the personalised gifts.
                  My parents would much rather a nice bottle of scotch!

Comment

What about something helpful for them...like paying for a spring clean on their house?

Comment

Working...
                    X