Thank you gift suggestions for Obstetrician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you gift suggestions for Obstetrician

Looking for thank you gift suggestions for our Obstetrician who has been amazing during our four pregnancies and deliveries?

Ask the receptionist what she likes?

Or ask her directly.

Comment

Are doctors allowed to receive gifts from their patients? As far as I'm aware ethically it's not appropriate. What about a heartfelt card...? Or photo of all your children?

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
        Are doctors allowed to receive gifts from their patients? As far as I'm aware ethically it's not appropriate. What about a heartfelt card...? Or photo of all your children?
        Yep they sure can. I know QLD health have rules about disclosure of gifts over a certain amount but I don’t think there are any rules for private practice. DH frequently receives gifts from patients often nice wine.

I gave my OB some lovey hand cream from Asoep, she always seemed to have wine and chocolates on her desk so I wanted something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
          Yep they sure can. I know QLD health have rules about disclosure of gifts over a certain amount but I don’t think there are any rules for private practice. DH frequently receives gifts from patients often nice wine.

I gave my OB some lovey hand cream from Asoep, she always seemed to have wine and chocolates on her desk so I wanted something different.
          Oh I had no idea! I gave my ob a nice card and he got teary. It was lovely. I wish I knew they were allowed gifts.. we often talked about red wines together and how much I was craving a nice full bodied red while pregnant and he gave me some recommendations for after DD was born [emoji23] [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
            Oh I had no idea! I gave my ob a nice card and he got teary. It was lovely. I wish I knew they were allowed gifts.. we often talked about red wines together and how much I was craving a nice full bodied red while pregnant and he gave me some recommendations for after DD was born [emoji23] [emoji23]
            I think meeting the babies and things like cards probably mean more. If we ever get our second bub I know what I’ll be getting my OB.

We always talked about Gin, I’m glad I’m not the only one who discusses alcohol with their ob!

Comment

I didn't even think to give my OB a gift! She literally saved my life...now I feel bad, lol!

Maybe a massage voucher, tickets to a show, flowers & wine... but asking her receptionist is probably a good idea!

Comment

Or photo of your happy bub framed so it can be proudly displayed in his/her consulting room.

Comment

I didn't give any of my OB's anything. I thought the $5,000 would have been sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                  X