Your best creative gift ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best creative gift ideas!

I thought I would start a thread where we can all list some of our best/most creative gift ideas. Cos I always struggle to find something different when it comes to someone's birthday and especially trying to keep costs down. But it can be any type of gift, Xmas, Father's Day etc.

So today I picked up an awesome magazine holder from aldi and I am going to take it out of its box, stock it with a few mags and wrap with cello and a big bow for my sil birthday. Now I'm thinking of going back and getting a few more and doing it for mil and a few others for Xmas cos it was reduced to just $7.99 allowing me spare cash to fill with mags!

Anyone else have ideas to contribute?

Great idea. I'm subbing cause I always struggle with gifts.
    I bought a great cheese plate with a lovely matching knife and took it over to MIL's house for a birthday BBQ with all her favourite cheeses, a few crackers and some chutney. It was a hit!

Comment

Great ideas! I'm subbing - especially with Xmas coming so fast!

Comment

A recipe book with the key ingredients of one of the recipes is always a good one.

Comment

Subbing

Comment

Couple of nice things I've received....

My SIL scrapbooks. A few years ago she gave me a lovely basket filled with blank handmade cards. Every year she restocks it for me. I love it.

And a friend gave me a lovely jar filled with the ingredients for brownies and the recipe. All done with a bow etc. I just had to add the eggs and water stuff.

I just brought a friend a nice oil burner and all the oils and tealights to go with it.

I like simple practical things.

Comment

I really like the magazine idea. I am hoping to get more creative with gifts for chrissie this year.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Thanks ladies! I'm really happy with the mag holder. It's really modern looking looks like a leather handbag. Will post a pic when I have it done up

Loving all your ideas too. Glad I will have a thread to come back to when I am stuck for ideas!

Comment

Instead of all 3 kids making a fathers day card, I bought a small wooden 4 page book and each kid get a 2 page spread to decorate and write on. The way they get to make their own card but its all in one thing. I just added a picture of them and some foam letters saying happy fathers day to the front cover page to finish it off. It looks awesome and it will last. They even did their handprint behind their writing which is really cute.

Comment

I love the brownie idea!

Comment

Subbing

I was thinking of buying a cereal tub and fillin it with home made muesli for my Inlaws last year. Just didn't get round to doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Tildy View Post
                        Instead of all 3 kids making a fathers day card, I bought a small wooden 4 page book and each kid get a 2 page spread to decorate and write on. The way they get to make their own card but its all in one thing. I just added a picture of them and some foam letters saying happy fathers day to the front cover page to finish it off. It looks awesome and it will last. They even did their handprint behind their writing which is really cute.
                        Gorgeous idea! I will be doing more handmade things like that when this bub arrives. At the moment it's so hard to allow dd time to create when I work full time...

Comment

Working...
                        X