Godparents gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godparents gifts

Has anyone got any ideas of gifts for godparents we want something meaningful but don't have lots of free cash to spend.

Originally posted by Heyside View Post
    Has anyone got any ideas of gifts for godparents we want something meaningful but don't have lots of free cash to spend.
    Boy or girl?

I’m godparent to numerous nieces and nephews. For one nephew I got a pair of cuff links from Myer (on sale so they weren’t expensive) and had them engraved with his initials. Certainly not for everyone but I knew that the parents of this nephew would love the sentiment and fact that it’s something their son could keep. Funnily enough I was godparent for my other SILs child a few months after the cufflink child and my SIL said “please don’t get cuff links”, which made me laugh because there’s no way known I would have. I knew she’d hate the idea. I’ve bought photo frames and had them engraved with the child’s name and date of baptism. My DD got a silver money box.

ETA: for 2 of my nieces I bought them a gold chain with their initial on it. From memory the chain was just a cheapy but the gold initial was 18k. Again though I got them on sale when a local jewellery store was closing down.
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 03-06-2018, 09:44.

Comment

I’m assuming you mean a gift to the godparents? How about something simple a framed photo of bub with a note saying “thank you for being such an important part of my life.”

Comment

Originally posted by BettyV View Post
        I’m assuming you mean a gift to the godparents? How about something simple a framed photo of bub with a note saying “thank you for being such an important part of my life.”
        Oops. I might have read it wrong by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GirlsRock View Post
          Oops. I might have read it wrong by the looks of it.
          Or I did! [emoji4]

Comment

patiently waiting for the op

Comment

Oh sorry for the confusion yes a gift to the Godparents.

Comment

Originally posted by BettyV View Post
                You win

Comment

For DD1's godparents we bought glass blocks similar to these but have no idea what the Godparents will have done with them and hate to think they are just stored away in a draw somewhere.Screenshot_2018-06-03-10-47-19.jpg

Comment

For DD1's godparents we bought glass blocks similar to these but have no idea what the Godparents will have done with them and hate to think they are just stored away in a draw somewhere.[ATTACH]96297[/ATTACH]
                    I am not a nicknack type of person at all, so if I got something similar to the glass blocks, they probably would be sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Would you consider an indoor plant of some sort. You could buy a nice pot to put it in. I'd love something like that.

Comment

I like the plant idea [MENTION=22334]GirlsRock[/MENTION] I know it would go down pretty well with 2 of the Godmothers x

Comment

I like the plant idea [MENTION=22334]GirlsRock[/MENTION] I know it would go down pretty well with 2 of the Godmothers x
                        If you do a plant, you could also do a hand print of the kid/s on it saying "thank you for helping me grow". I saw that on here as a gift to teacher present years ago and have used it and it goes down well!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=42475]Californication[/MENTION] something to think about x

Comment

Working...
                          X