What to wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear?

I realise this sounds utterly frivolous, but I am not sure what mums usually wear on the occasion of their babies baptism? I have never been to one before. Do you dress up?

Also, we have a family gown to use for our dd, after the service we are going out for lunch. Do babies usually just wear the gown for the actual service?

I wore a nice lace dress, not short or low cut.
    And yes she just wore the dress for the ceremony and I took a pretty dress for afterwards

Comment

For dd's baptism I wore a dress which was slightly dressier than what I normally wear to church. It was actually a dress I bought to wear to a wedding a few months earlier if that gives you an idea of the standard.

I left dd in her gown for lunch but if it had been a family heirloom I'd probably have gotten her changed just to protect the gown from baby spew. :-)

Comment

What to wear?

It depends. What demonination is the church bub is being baptized in?

ETA- for catholic etc, bub usually gets changed afterwards. My DS was baptized serbian orthodox. So he wore whatever to the church and when his clothes were blessed, I dressed him as part of the ceremony. I wore a dress Id previously worn to a wedding.

Comment

DD is getting baptised on Sunday. I'm wearing a dress I wore to my sisters wedding in October. DD is wearing a white linen dress I bought (WA in feb - it's hot!) so I'll just leave her in it for lunch.
          As PP's have said if it was an heirloom I would change her straight after the ceremony because I would be too scared she would ruin it!

Comment

Working...
          X