What did your 4yo DS get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did your 4yo DS get?

Ok, so I want to start thinking about what to get DS for his birthday- he will be 4 this year.

So, what are you ideas? What does your DS like playing with? What did they get for Christmas/their birthday?

My bro still loves his Thomas, cars and trucks.. I've never seen him play with much else to tell the truth.

Though, when up here, he gets into the pretend play - kitchen, cleaning stuff, the mini washing line etc he also has a cubby at home.

Oh and thoroughly addicted to the swing set!! All of them are, can spend hours on that bloody thing attempting to reach the moon. Scares the **** out of me sometimes lol

Comment

My 4yr old loves playing the Wii and DS more then anything atm but for xmas i got him one of those Leapfrog Tagz thingos that help them to read with. point at a word and it tells you what it is... Not sure if you know what they are or not? I also got him just some cars and trucks as well as a new DS game. For his b'day he got a couple of board games (Hungry Hungry hippos and Operation), one of those Fisher Price digital camera's, a few DVD's, one of those balls that they sit on and bounce around, thomas the tank engine dinner set and thomas the tank engine books, umm.. sure there was more just can't remember atm..lol

Comment

My DS is getting a junior tennis racket and a totem tennis pole thing of his nana and grandma, and not sure what "we" will be getting him.

Comment

DS is 4 in July, it's something we've been thinking about too...

DS loves his matchbox cars, Cars the movie, Garfield, and his lego duplo....Thomas, his gardening tools, sandpit, trampoline, camera...Kitchen stuff...Puzzles

So in July, I think we will be getting him some more thomas train set bits (he's got a track, 3 different ones, to all connect, so get him something like that)..

Some more lego, maybe the mega blocks 'Cars' pack, or even just lego duplo (he has both already).

And thinking about a sandpit...

Other ideas..a new bike, remote control boat or car (DS loves his dads ones), books, CD player with some kiddie CD's....

Comment

Originally posted by LilShenanigans View Post
            My bro still loves his Thomas, cars and trucks.. I've never seen him play with much else to tell the truth.

Though, when up here, he gets into the pretend play - kitchen, cleaning stuff, the mini washing line etc he also has a cubby at home.

Oh and thoroughly addicted to the swing set!! All of them are, can spend hours on that bloody thing attempting to reach the moon. Scares the **** out of me sometimes lol
            Oh, I wish I could get him a swing set. He would absolutely LOVE one! When and if I move that and a new bed will be the first things I get him! At the moment, we live in a townhouse and our backyard is big enough for a shed, a clothesline and a trampoline. I wish I had bought a swingset instead of the trampoline- I reckon it would have got more use out of a swingset.

Originally posted by HarvestMoon View Post
            My 4yr old loves playing the Wii and DS more then anything atm but for xmas i got him one of those Leapfrog Tagz thingos that help them to read with. point at a word and it tells you what it is... Not sure if you know what they are or not? I also got him just some cars and trucks as well as a new DS game. For his b'day he got a couple of board games (Hungry Hungry hippos and Operation), one of those Fisher Price digital camera's, a few DVD's, one of those balls that they sit on and bounce around, thomas the tank engine dinner set and thomas the tank engine books, umm.. sure there was more just can't remember atm..lol
            For Christmas, I got him a leapstar- although he really likes my DS I don't think he's quite ready for one just yet. Yesterday he dropped the leapstar twice on the tiled floor.

Originally posted by kirstenriley View Post
            My DS is getting a junior tennis racket and a totem tennis pole thing of his nana and grandma, and not sure what "we" will be getting him.
            I don't really have enough room in the backyard for a totem tennis pole. I used to LOVE those things, although thoroughly annoying when they get wrapped around the pole just when your winning!

Originally posted by subaruforestermum View Post
            DS is 4 in July, it's something we've been thinking about too...

DS loves his matchbox cars, Cars the movie, Garfield, and his lego duplo....Thomas, his gardening tools, sandpit, trampoline, camera...Kitchen stuff...Puzzles

So in July, I think we will be getting him some more thomas train set bits (he's got a track, 3 different ones, to all connect, so get him something like that)..

Some more lego, maybe the mega blocks 'Cars' pack, or even just lego duplo (he has both already).

And thinking about a sandpit...

Other ideas..a new bike, remote control boat or car (DS loves his dads ones), books, CD player with some kiddie CD's....
            Hmm, some good ideas. I was thinking lego- he doesn't play much with his duplo and I didn't really like it as a kid either- can't make cool stuff like you can with lego.

I think I might go some more peices for the train set, some lego and perhaps a kids digital camera- he would like that. And by that time, I should have a computer at home myself so I can print 'selected' photos off for him.

Comment

Just a thought, maybe check out a suitable camera, that isnt a 'kids camera' if your son is careful with these sort of things...

Mainly fo rthe fact that DS's camera is a 7.2mp camera, takes great photos, great quality, even if the people do have their heads chopped off, and what not..lol... But it was only $80 well $78..... Which is how much you spend on a kids camera, and those arent that great when the pics get printed...

Totally up to you, but something we looked into and decided was the best way to go....

Comment

Originally posted by subaruforestermum View Post
                Just a thought, maybe check out a suitable camera, that isnt a 'kids camera' if your son is careful with these sort of things...

Mainly fo rthe fact that DS's camera is a 7.2mp camera, takes great photos, great quality, even if the people do have their heads chopped off, and what not..lol... But it was only $80 well $78..... Which is how much you spend on a kids camera, and those arent that great when the pics get printed...

Totally up to you, but something we looked into and decided was the best way to go....

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. Might have to have a look into it.

Comment

Tyler loves her camera its my old one its only 4 mp but good enuff for her. My mum got her one of them kids ones last year but its to big to hold she doesnt like it.

Im thinking about getting tyler a wii for her bday. My sister has one and she love playing it when we go there. Im still not sure will wait untill its a bit closer.

Comment

My 4 year old loves Ben 10 and the Ninja Turtles, so he got a few Action figures from them.

He also got a r/c car from his uncle and auntie, which he loves but runs down the batteries way too quickly.

He also loves his bike, which he got for X Mas 07 and his scooter/kickboard which he got this year.

He still plays on the trampoline and loves our old digi cam. So that might be an option. I heard those kids cam, from fisher price and so, aren't that good.

Cars, trains and trucks are always a winner with boys

Comment

Oh yeah Coffee, DS has a scooter one of those aluminium ones, and him and his dad go scootering (DF had to buy one too lol)... DS loves it...

Comment

For Christmas we got Master 4 some big trucks for digging (though probably wont work if you have a small yard). We also found a whole heap of Bob the builder stuff on ebay that was mostly second hand (but over $150 of brand new stuff) but was about $400 worth of bags, big pictures in frames, games, toys etc. Bubble mix with big wands and different types of bubble blowers. Clothes - he loves getting new undies! He loves playing with the megablocks and his lego. Cars are always a hit, as are thomas trains & track (though I think we have most of them at our house lol).

We have a wii & a ps2 as a family and he plays several games on that - all the kids love the wii sports with the bowling and several other games.

Good luck with that. There is so much out there!!

Comment

some great ideas- thanks guys.

I think I know some of what I'm going to get DS for Brithday and Christmas. Not sure which is for which yet.

Comment

Just wanted to update this.

DS got some BEN 10 stuff (watch, book, DVD).

And some lego and duplo

And new bedding

He loves all his presents- esp the lego and duplo and his new big boy bed/room.

He'll sit in his room and play lego/duplo for ages. He loves making boats, areoplanes and anything else he can think of (they don't look much like boats or areoplanes).

Just some ideas for future parents of 4yr olds.

Comment

Working...
                            X