Christmas present suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas present suggestions

Stuck for present ideas? Post some key things about the giftee and we could give suggestions.

I promise it's not at all because I'm stuck for ideas [emoji15]

Tween, really environmentally conscious, just starting to get into trends, but still not interested in things like makeup etc., loves all things geeky.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicmama View Post
      Tween, really environmentally conscious, just starting to get into trends, but still not interested in things like makeup etc., loves all things geeky.
      I've just done a quick google of eco gifts for tween girls...
      Here's a few screen shots that might get you started/ get the ideas flowing
      Screenshot_20210904-061646_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210904-061609_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210904-061548_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210904-061526_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210904-061426_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210904-061320_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Adopt a wild animal Australia? Google that and loads comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
          I've just done a quick google of eco gifts for tween girls...
          Here's a few screen shots that might get you started/ get the ideas flowing
          [ATTACH]106368[/ATTACH][ATTACH]106369[/ATTACH][ATTACH]106370[/ATTACH][ATTACH]106371[/ATTACH][ATTACH]106372[/ATTACH][ATTACH]106373[/ATTACH]
          Ooh, she would love those bracelets! Thanks.
          Originally posted by BigRedV View Post
          Adopt a wild animal Australia? Google that and loads comes up.
          I can't believe I didn't think of this. Thank you.

Comment

16 year old boy with ASD/ADHD. Not into sports. Loves Lego and Halo but wanting something different. He already has a watch, wallet and Swiss Army knife.

Comment

Originally posted by HearMeRoar View Post
              16 year old boy with ASD/ADHD. Not into sports. Loves Lego and Halo but wanting something different. He already has a watch, wallet and Swiss Army knife.
              Would he be into robotics? There are some pretty cool kits on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicmama View Post
                Would he be into robotics? There are some pretty cool kits on the market.
                Or electronics kits? Jaycar has some good stuff along those lines for those who like techy tinkering.

Comment

Ideas needed for a 2 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy please. My 2 yr old grand daughter is into the wiggles esp Emma , cocomelon, babies and colouring in as far as I know and my 7 yr old DS likes lego , mine craft , drawing I think. I know he has tonnes of lego.

Thanks so much ladies as I’m stuck on ideas.

Comment

I need ideas for...

37yo female. Single. No kids. Lives with parents (loaded. Still support her). Likes AFL, tennis, concerts. No financial commitments, so just buys whatever she wants, never needs anything. The kind of person who, you buy a massage voucher for a a gift, and they announce the day before they've booked themselves a birthday massage as a treat 🤦‍♀️Doesn't drink alcohol or coffee or tea. $100 - $200 Max budget.

32yo male & female (couple) gamers. No kids. Both like alcohol, $50-$100 budget.

And dad... what do you buy someone who at the beginning of the year was told they may not see Christmas!?

Comment

I need ideas for...

37yo female. Single. No kids. Lives with parents (loaded. Still support her). Likes AFL, tennis, concerts. No financial commitments, so just buys whatever she wants, never needs anything. Doesn't drink alcohol or coffee or tea. $100 - $200 Max budget

32yo male & female (couple) gamers. No kids. Both like alcohol, $50-$100 budget.

And dad... what do you buy someone who at the beginning of the year was told they may not see Christmas!?
                      Your friend is tough, does she appreciate what you do buy her? Maybe a voucher for a massage or manicure (this has the added benefit of supporting business still in lockdown).

I would get the couple some boutique beers (if that’s their thing). The bottle shops often put out nice packs around Christmas. Or maybe a brewery tour locally.

For your dad what about a lovely bottle of his favourite drink or some yummy snacks. My pop was ill with weeks to live at his birthday so we all just gave him things he would enjoy on the stop. Nicer whiskey than he would buy himself, some salted nuts and other snacks like that. He enjoyed it and we knew it wouldn’t be wasted.

Not everyone likes gifting alcohol so disregard if it’s not your thing.

Comment

Originally posted by granny1 View Post
                        Ideas needed for a 2 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy please. My 2 yr old grand daughter is into the wiggles esp Emma , cocomelon, babies and colouring in as far as I know and my 7 yr old DS likes lego , mine craft , drawing I think. I know he has tonnes of lego.

7yo- he's probably still a bit young.. we got ds1 a boxed set of Derwents ($50 from big w) and a visual arts diary for drawing that he loves. I think ds1 was about 8.5 though.
                        A "how to draw minecraft" book? Screenshot_20210904-165021_Amazon Shopping.jpg
                        Eb games have lots of minecraft merchandise

2yo - what about a nice doll? Or doll accessories? Dolls house? Emma wiggle dress up?

Comment

Originally posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
                          Your friend is tough, does she appreciate what you do buy her? Maybe a voucher for a massage or manicure (this has the added benefit of supporting business still in lockdown).

I would get the couple some boutique beers (if that’s their thing). The bottle shops often put out nice packs around Christmas. Or maybe a brewery tour locally.

For your dad what about a lovely bottle of his favourite drink or some yummy snacks. My pop was ill with weeks to live at his birthday so we all just gave him things he would enjoy on the stop. Nicer whiskey than he would buy himself, some salted nuts and other snacks like that. He enjoyed it and we knew it wouldn’t be wasted.

Not everyone likes gifting alcohol so disregard if it’s not your thing.
                          Thanks!

My friend never gives the vibe she doesn't appreciate it, but i think I put too much thought into trying to get the *right* thing, if that makes sense. I think I might get her a voucher to 1 of her favourite places. She likes a beauty salon that do everything from hair to nails, massage, waxing, tanning etc... and then she also likes a local day spa. Then maybe a few home pamper style things. A nice candle, bath bombs/salts. This is a bit random, but she has a sweet tooth, so maybe a home icecream sundae box? I struggle every time I need to buy a gift. She's very thoughtful and is such a great friend... I just don't ever feel the gifts reflect that. I know it's not the value, so I put a lot of thought in but it never feels enough.

The couple aren't beer drinkers. He's a bourbon guy, she likes wine, vodka (premix) and joins him in the bourbon. I know NOTHING about anything when it comes to wine 🤣 she's a girly girl, arty, and he's a geeky guy.

Dad: he used to be a heavy beer drinker and also loved a dabble in Port. He's not had any for a while as the cancer is in his liver also. He does like his snacks (lollies and icecream). I was stuck for fathers day, and his birthday is between now and Christmas too 😭 for fathers day I've got him his afl teams cap, and new slippers

Comment

I need ideas for...

37yo female. Single. No kids. Lives with parents (loaded. Still support her). Likes AFL, tennis, concerts. No financial commitments, so just buys whatever she wants, never needs anything. The kind of person who, you buy a massage voucher for a a gift, and they announce the day before they've booked themselves a birthday massage as a treat 🤦‍♀️Doesn't drink alcohol or coffee or tea. $100 - $200 Max budget.

For your friend, I would just buy her a voucher for somewhere she gets massages etc. Even if she does that regularly anyway, it's something you know she likes and will use.

For the couple, yeti cups. You could even get them personalised.

For your dad, go with consumables that he likes; food, alcohol, nice toiletries.

Comment

Originally posted by granny1 View Post

2 year old - there are some sweet baby bassinets, high chairs etc. at Target and Kmart. If you know what kind of baby doll she has, you can get some outfits.

7 year old - go wild at Smiggle for stationery. There are so many Minecraft accessories around.
                              Last edited by atomicmama; 04-09-2021, 17:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X