Christmas present suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomicmama View Post
    2 year old - there are some sweet baby bassinets, high chairs etc. at Target and Kmart. If you know what kind of baby doll she has, you can get some outfits.

7 year old - go wild at Smiggle for stationery. There are so many Minecraft accessories around.
    Thank you. I’ll check them out. Great suggestions.

Comment

These look cool [MENTION=68541]HearMeRoar[/MENTION]

https://www.kiwico.com/tinker?utm_so...Zq6FsvcXq3nhMs

Comment

[MENTION=68541]HearMeRoar[/MENTION] we have bought DS a robot he builds that also teaches basics in coding. We figured it could be something that might peak his interest. Maybe something similar for your DS (just aimed at older kids haha)

Comment

Originally posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
          Thanks!

My friend never gives the vibe she doesn't appreciate it, but i think I put too much thought into trying to get the *right* thing, if that makes sense. I think I might get her a voucher to 1 of her favourite places. She likes a beauty salon that do everything from hair to nails, massage, waxing, tanning etc... and then she also likes a local day spa. Then maybe a few home pamper style things. A nice candle, bath bombs/salts. This is a bit random, but she has a sweet tooth, so maybe a home icecream sundae box? I struggle every time I need to buy a gift. She's very thoughtful and is such a great friend... I just don't ever feel the gifts reflect that. I know it's not the value, so I put a lot of thought in but it never feels enough.

The couple aren't beer drinkers. He's a bourbon guy, she likes wine, vodka (premix) and joins him in the bourbon. I know NOTHING about anything when it comes to wine 🤣 she's a girly girl, arty, and he's a geeky guy.

Dad: he used to be a heavy beer drinker and also loved a dabble in Port. He's not had any for a while as the cancer is in his liver also. He does like his snacks (lollies and icecream). I was stuck for fathers day, and his birthday is between now and Christmas too 😭 for fathers day I've got him his afl teams cap, and new slippers
          For your dad, what about a hamper of 'old fashioned' treats. Old school lollies he may have loved as a child, maybe even order biscuits and things from a UK shop (as they often stock brands that used to be sold here) etc. He'd probably enjoy sharing them with your kids and introducing them to a bit of his childhood.

As for your friend. I'd probably spend less and just make it something to show you think of her. In her shoes, I'd be feeling a bit embarrassed if my friend with children/1 income was lavishing me with expensive gifts ($100-$200 is big budget in our house). A nice 'chill out' pack with a book (sport biography?), candle, baths salts/face mask etc.

Comment

Any ideas for a 60 year old woman? She is not the ‘typical 60s’ woman you’d think. She loves to travel to snorkel, very environmentally conscious, marine animals mean a lot to her. She’d usually be going on a big trip every year but Covid.. and her twin (who she travels with) is very very sick so it’s not happening. I’m stumped for ideas, if she needs or wants something she usually buys it.
            Will be (hopefully) travelling alot back and forth states to help her sick sibling out so is leaving work too.
            Any ideas? Thanks.

Will delete, please don’t quote.

Comment

Christmas present suggestions

What about adopting a marine animal on her behalf ? Or buying a goat or chickens through Oxfam( I think )

Comment

Originally posted by granny1 View Post
                What about adopting a marine animal on her behalf ? Or buying a goat or chickens through Oxfam( I think )
                Thanks! I love these! Why didn’t I ever think of them [emoji23]

Comment

Bumping this one...

Any suggestions for a durable smart watch for df, that's not going to cost like, $1200??

He wants a smartwatch, he hasn't ever had one but his other watch just got smashed at work so I'd rather get one that can withstand a bit of a bump.

I've got a fitbit, and we have got ds2 one for Xmas, but I think the gamin looks sturdier? Maybe the garmin instinct?

He basically just wants a step/sleep/heart rate... that's durable . Having inbuilt gps or phone capabilities is unnecessary
                  Last edited by EnchantedGrace; 17-09-2021, 07:47.

Comment

Bumping this one...

Any suggestions for a durable smart watch for df, that's not going to cost like, $1200??

He wants a smartwatch, he hasn't ever had one but his other watch just got smashed at work so I'd rather get one that can withstand a bit of a bump.

I've got a fitbit, and we have got ds2 one for Xmas, but I think the gamin looks sturdier? Maybe the garmin instinct?

He basically just wants a step/sleep/heart rate... that's durable . Having inbuilt gps or phone capabilities is unnecessary
                    I have a Garmin vivo active and it’s great. I wanted to make sure I would wear and use a smart watch before spending big and turns out I don’t. Mine is rather girly ( rose gold face etc) but they do plenty of masculine ones as well.

https://www.rebelsport.com.au/garmin/vivo

Comment

fwiw, i had a fitbit charge 4 which i lost interest in. i avoided the apple watch because i didn’t want the same distractions associated with my phone. the fitbit was ok in that it did the step counting, heart rate as well as some other very basic functions. but i stopped wearing it, not sure what it was but i just didn’t like it. i got an apple watch a few months ago and i’m still wearing it. i realized you can control what apps you have on it from your phone, and i have none of the social media ones which distract me. i like how the apple watch is a back up to my phone for calls/texts plus it’s got apple pay. i literally go to the shops now with just my watch as it does everything i need it to. so i find the apple watch has greater capabilities without the same distractions as my phone. it also has the blood oxygen meter, heart rate monitor and ECG. i also added a pedometer complication as i like to see my steps. i find the apple watch much more responsive and a better UI overall.

Comment

what about a G shock smartwatch? I think they came out earlier this year?

ETA I have no idea what they cost....

Comment

Bumping this one...

I used to have a smart watch - can’t remember which one but didn’t use it much. I then got an Apple Watch and wear it almost everyday (basically I only don’t wear it when it significantly clashes with my outfit). Despite not needing text / call functionality it is insanely useful and all the data syncs with your iPhone. I almost didn’t get one as I think they are a little ugly but now it’s my favourite thing ever. You can get covers for it to help prevent damaging it and the new ones I think are water proof (I’ve got an older model).

Comment

[MENTION=66469]EnchantedGrace[/MENTION] I’d also be looking into things like warranty replacement/fixes. I’ve got a Fitbit and they don’t fix them if they break, you have to replace them. It’s a pain in the bum. In saying that, my versa stopped working randomly sometime in the last year. It was still within their warranty period so they replaced it for me free of charge. They no longer had the model I had so upgraded me to the Versa 2 with no extra cost to me. The screen is starting to go funny and given it’s within a year of replacement, I’m actually starting to save up to buy myself an Apple Watch to replace my Fitbit.

If DF is going to wear it to work, I’d look at what your options are. Can the screen be replaced or is it a repurchase? What is covered under their replacement warranty? This may help your decision making process (or it may just create extra work for you [emoji51]).

Comment

Thanks for the considerations. I'm still no closer to a decision 🤣 but have things to think about.

I think he just wants a fitbit because I've got one 😔 in not sure if they have smart watches strong enough for his job. I feel he'd be better with a cheaper smart watch for home and a heavy duty watch for work... but he wouldn't see it that way.

Comment

Does anyone have any advice on Karaoke machines or Bluetooth speakers with microphones that can be used for karaoke? My 10 year old daughter loves singing and has lessons at school. She currently has a Bluetooth microphone which isn’t very good. Her close friend has just been bought a jbl partybox which she loves and it’s amazing but at $525 just isn’t within our range. Don’t want to go really cheap either though and buy a toy she’s going to not be interested in.

Comment

Working...
                                X