Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD? Birthday party

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thanks! No one has mentioned allergies and I didn’t ask [emoji51] I figured it their child had an allergy they would mention it..

    Hopefully there’s a selection of stuff that they can eat something anyway.
    Food allergies will probably be mentioned buuuuuut it wouldn't hurt to ask as they rock up. Then you can point out what has egg/dairy/wheat. I'd steer clear from serving any nuts anyway.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
      We are having a cake aswell so don’t wanna over do the cupcakes.

      Oh yum! Can I please have the recipe [emoji3] that sounds good and could be an alternative to cupcakes even.

      Oh yes! Forgot them. Ds loves them, better get them lol
      Rice Bubble and Marshmallow slice

      180g White chocolate, chopped (I just use 1 x block Plaistowe white cooking chocolate)
      2 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles (I find I need about 3 cups)
      1 tablespoon gelatine
      1 cup castor sugar
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      Pink food colouring (optional)
      2 tablepsoons hundreds and thousands

      Line a 3cm deep 16 x 25.5 slab pan with baking paper
      Place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure base of bowl doesn't touch water). Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate is melted and smooth. (Or just melt the chocolate in the microwave). Add ricebubbles to the chocolate. Stir until well combine. Spread over base of pan and refrigerate.

      Using a fork combine gelatine and 1/4 cup of cold water in a microwave safe jug. Microwave uncovered on High for 30 seconds. Stir with a fork until mixture is clear. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes OR place water and gelatine mix in a heatproof cup (I use a glass pyrex measuring cup) place in a saucepan of water and gently heat on the stove until the gelatine is melted - use whatever method you prefer.

      Using an electric miser, beat sugar and 1/3 cup water on high speed for 5 minutes. Pour cooled gelatine in a slow steady stream. Beat until thick and fluffy. The recipe says to beat for 10 minutes, but you really do not need that long. Add food colouring (optional). Spread marshmallow over base. Sprinkle hundreds and thousands on top.

      Refrigerate until set.

      Enjoy.

      I always used to make this for kid parties because my kids loved it.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
        Rice Bubble and Marshmallow slice

        180g White chocolate, chopped (I just use 1 x block Plaistowe white cooking chocolate)
        2 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles (I find I need about 3 cups)
        1 tablespoon gelatine
        1 cup castor sugar
        1 teaspoon vanilla extract
        Pink food colouring (optional)
        2 tablepsoons hundreds and thousands

        Line a 3cm deep 16 x 25.5 slab pan with baking paper
        Place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure base of bowl doesn't touch water). Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate is melted and smooth. (Or just melt the chocolate in the microwave). Add ricebubbles to the chocolate. Stir until well combine. Spread over base of pan and refrigerate.

        Using a fork combine gelatine and 1/4 cup of cold water in a microwave safe jug. Microwave uncovered on High for 30 seconds. Stir with a fork until mixture is clear. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes OR place water and gelatine mix in a heatproof cup (I use a glass pyrex measuring cup) place in a saucepan of water and gently heat on the stove until the gelatine is melted - use whatever method you prefer.

        Using an electric miser, beat sugar and 1/3 cup water on high speed for 5 minutes. Pour cooled gelatine in a slow steady stream. Beat until thick and fluffy. The recipe says to beat for 10 minutes, but you really do not need that long. Add food colouring (optional). Spread marshmallow over base. Sprinkle hundreds and thousands on top.

        Refrigerate until set.

        Enjoy.

        I always used to make this for kid parties because my kids loved it.
        Thanks so much!! Sounds really yummy!

        Comment


        • #94
          Wanna say thank you to everyone who commented and gave advice! Party went well. Ds had a great arvo and I’m pretty sure all the kids did aswell. We had a crap load of food leftover but I’m ok with that!

          My mother took some photos for me but of course she is too busy to send them to me [emoji58] typical her. Said she might send them tomorrow. Extremely annoying!

          But thanks again everyone! Df and I said as tired as we were we had a good afternoon!

          Comment


          • #95
            Glad it well [MENTION=116919]Hasselhoff[/MENTION]

            Comment


            • #96
              Yay for a good party! Glad it al worked out well and hope you get the photos soon. I usually ask one of the other parents to take some on my phone/camera for me so I’ve got them then and there [emoji6]

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Californication View Post
                Yay for a good party! Glad it al worked out well and hope you get the photos soon. I usually ask one of the other parents to take some on my phone/camera for me so I’ve got them then and there [emoji6]
                Really wish I did that!
                The only photo I have of ds with his cake he has the most constipated look on his face. I know it’s silly but I’m disappointed. Wanted just one nice photo [emoji45]

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
                  Really wish I did that!
                  The only photo I have of ds with his cake he has the most constipated look on his face. I know it’s silly but I’m disappointed. Wanted just one nice photo [emoji45]
                  [emoji23][emoji23] It’s hard to get a good shot. I took about 20 last year of DS and his cake and he is being silly or pulling faces in all of them except when he is blowing out the candles. I just think of his 21st photo montage and know I will get the last laugh [emoji38][emoji38]

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Californication View Post
                    [emoji23][emoji23] It’s hard to get a good shot. I took about 20 last year of DS and his cake and he is being silly or pulling faces in all of them except when he is blowing out the candles. I just think of his 21st photo montage and know I will get the last laugh [emoji38][emoji38]
                    That’s ds usual look - pulling a silly face. It’s definitely not an Instagram worthy shot but it’s good enough!
                    Now that is a very good idea to remember lol I will remind myself of that [emoji23]

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X