Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD? Birthday party

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I don’t want to start a thread (and let’s be honest by questions about a party are getting old lol)

    Do I need to provide a fair bit of seating for adults who choose to stay? I’m borrowing chairs and tables from my mum but if I need to have some for parents I won’t have enough.


    No rsvps yet and it’s making me paranoid. Hello anxiety my dear friend. Just keep telling myself they still have nearly 2 weeks. [emoji51]

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
      I don’t want to start a thread (and let’s be honest by questions about a party are getting old lol)

      Do I need to provide a fair bit of seating for adults who choose to stay? I’m borrowing chairs and tables from my mum but if I need to have some for parents I won’t have enough.


      No rsvps yet and it’s making me paranoid. Hello anxiety my dear friend. Just keep telling myself they still have nearly 2 weeks. [emoji51]
      I normally say BYO chair, just in case.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
        No rsvps yet and it’s making me paranoid. Hello anxiety my dear friend. Just keep telling myself they still have nearly 2 weeks. [emoji51]
        Most people are hopeless at RSVPs, especially in school holidays. If you haven’t heard a week out maybe just contact them and confirm.

        At the end of term I cleaned out DDs bag and found an invitation from 2 months before. I hadn’t even realized, so it’s also possible that some have been lost.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by SheWarrior View Post
          I normally say BYO chair, just in case.
          [emoji51] that would have been helpful to write haha

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
            Most people are hopeless at RSVPs, especially in school holidays. If you haven’t heard a week out maybe just contact them and confirm.

            At the end of term I cleaned out DDs bag and found an invitation from 2 months before. I hadn’t even realized, so it’s also possible that some have been lost.
            [emoji29] let’s hope we get some soon. Arvo isn’t until early feb so still time! I don’t have a way to contact parents if they don’t rsvp.

            Oh dear! I hope that doesn’t happen. The invitations were placed in kids lunchboxes so parents see them hopefully lol

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
              [emoji51] that would have been helpful to write haha
              Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
              [emoji29] let’s hope we get some soon. Arvo isn’t until early feb so still time! I don’t have a way to contact parents if they don’t rsvp.

              Oh dear! I hope that doesn’t happen. The invitations were placed in kids lunchboxes so parents see them hopefully lol
              Maybe you could let them know about the chairs as they RSVP? If they don't RSVP and turn up anyway, it's their own fault if they don't have a chair to sit on!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by SheWarrior View Post
                Maybe you could let them know about the chairs as they RSVP? If they don't RSVP and turn up anyway, it's their own fault if they don't have a chair to sit on!
                That’s actually a very good idea! Thanks! Haha well that’s a good point. Their own fault lol

                Comment


                • #53
                  I'm back.. with another dumb question. Sorry ladies!

                  Bit of a wwyd.. THe rsvp date is coming up this week, no replies at all. Going to send a reminder out through daycare towards the date but for now not much I can do... Im a 'think the worst' kind of person and always prepare for it to happen.
                  So i'm gonna ask..
                  would you send out a reminder and if no one (NONE like literally no one) replies, cancel the party and spend the money you would be using on things for something else - like ds away for a night or 2 and do something we wouldnt normal be able to afford.
                  OR
                  Go ahead with the party and hope people turn up even if they dont rsvp. We will be there, my mum and step dad but thats about it.. literally. If no one turns up we have no friends with kids ds age...

                  WWYD. I am more stressed then i should be and i feel like a complete idiot, i hope im jumping the gun and we start getting rsvps this week but yeah im a prepare for the worst person.

                  Someone put me out of my misery. Im scared to disappoint ds. Has anyone had no one rsvp and then people actually turn up?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
                    I'm back.. with another dumb question. Sorry ladies!

                    Bit of a wwyd.. THe rsvp date is coming up this week, no replies at all. Going to send a reminder out through daycare towards the date but for now not much I can do... Im a 'think the worst' kind of person and always prepare for it to happen.
                    So i'm gonna ask..
                    would you send out a reminder and if no one (NONE like literally no one) replies, cancel the party and spend the money you would be using on things for something else - like ds away for a night or 2 and do something we wouldnt normal be able to afford.
                    OR
                    Go ahead with the party and hope people turn up even if they dont rsvp. We will be there, my mum and step dad but thats about it.. literally. If no one turns up we have no friends with kids ds age...

                    WWYD. I am more stressed then i should be and i feel like a complete idiot, i hope im jumping the gun and we start getting rsvps this week but yeah im a prepare for the worst person.

                    Someone put me out of my misery. Im scared to disappoint ds. Has anyone had no one rsvp and then people actually turn up?
                    Not a dumb question, and I think your stress is warranted!
                    I'm really sorry No one has Rsvpd. That's really disappointing.

                    I would probably re- think what I'm spending on the party... thinking about where i can cut corners incase no one turns up. I'm sure you'll have a few rock up, even if they still don't RSVP. But I'd be wondering if it's worth the effort? And some would probably still show if you cancelled 🤦‍♀️

                    You poor thing and your poor ds. I know exactly how you're feeling and it's horrible.
                    Why are people so rude these days. An rsvp is common curtosey

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
                      I'm back.. with another dumb question. Sorry ladies!

                      Bit of a wwyd.. THe rsvp date is coming up this week, no replies at all. Going to send a reminder out through daycare towards the date but for now not much I can do... Im a 'think the worst' kind of person and always prepare for it to happen.
                      So i'm gonna ask..
                      would you send out a reminder and if no one (NONE like literally no one) replies, cancel the party and spend the money you would be using on things for something else - like ds away for a night or 2 and do something we wouldnt normal be able to afford.
                      OR
                      Go ahead with the party and hope people turn up even if they dont rsvp. We will be there, my mum and step dad but thats about it.. literally. If no one turns up we have no friends with kids ds age...

                      WWYD. I am more stressed then i should be and i feel like a complete idiot, i hope im jumping the gun and we start getting rsvps this week but yeah im a prepare for the worst person.

                      Someone put me out of my misery. Im scared to disappoint ds. Has anyone had no one rsvp and then people actually turn up?
                      If it makes you feel better, I rarely RSVP before the due date. I've always found with my own kids that people are mostly like me and RSVP in the last day or two. Send the reminder, however try not to worry too much about it.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
                        Not a dumb question, and I think your stress is warranted!
                        I'm really sorry No one has Rsvpd. That's really disappointing.

                        I would probably re- think what I'm spending on the party... thinking about where i can cut corners incase no one turns up. I'm sure you'll have a few rock up, even if they still don't RSVP. But I'd be wondering if it's worth the effort? And some would probably still show if you cancelled 🤦‍♀️

                        You poor thing and your poor ds. I know exactly how you're feeling and it's horrible.
                        Why are people so rude these days. An rsvp is common curtosey
                        Thank you x I just don’t want to disappoint ds. He was so excited but now even df and I will try not to talk about it unless he’s in bed.

                        Thing is between a cake, jumping castle and food I wasnt doing much else. I e already bought plates cups etc and stuff for party bags. I found capes and masks for them all online and bought them so can’t really save money anywhere. I wasn’t planning games and was just going to let them run wild for a couple of hours.

                        I really hope I’m just panicking early and people start sending me rsvps soon [emoji29]

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
                          If it makes you feel better, I rarely RSVP before the due date. I've always found with my own kids that people are mostly like me and RSVP in the last day or two. Send the reminder, however try not to worry too much about it.
                          That does a little bit. Thanks. I guess I have done it within a week of getting an invite so I feel like they are forgotten about.
                          Thanks x I’ll try.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I would send out the reminders and make a decision once the RSVP date has expired.

                            I dare say some might just be a bit slow to get back to you because it's that time of the year when people are still winding down from holiday mode/festive season and are on the cusp of being back into solid regular routine mode.

                            Also I think some folks don't RSVP until close to the date as they don't want to lock into attending too far in advance.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
                              I would send out the reminders and make a decision once the RSVP date has expired.

                              I dare say some might just be a bit slow to get back to you because it's that time of the year when people are still winding down from holiday mode/festive season and are on the cusp of being back into solid regular routine mode.

                              Also I think some folks don't RSVP until close to the date as they don't want to lock into attending too far in advance.
                              Thanks x I guess I’m just thinking that no one will rsvp and be left with a disappointed child so if I can offer something to soften the blow he might be ok..?

                              That is quite possible and very true. I didn’t really think of that. I guess that’s the sucky part of a party at the start of the year.

                              That is also a good point. Let’s hope I’m freaking out for nothing.
                              I’d be happy with like 5 rsvps. Just so I know ds has friends coming [emoji21]

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I'd wait until the RSVP date has passed, if still no responses I would take your ds away for a night or 2 and do something you wouldn't normally be able to do. Anything you've already purchased could be stashed away for future birthdays?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X