Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD? Birthday party

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WWYD? Birthday party

    Hey Everyone,

    DF and I had decided that DS could have a birthday party next year (February, he will be 5) he isn’t starting school so will still have daycare friends.

    I’m not exactly sure what to do.. we have a few options so WWYD?

    We can hire a jumping castle and do something at home (we have 2 large dogs so I’d need to organise something for them, we have the yard space etc)
    Or
    Hire a table at an inflatable centre in town (obviously still open to the public aswell?)
    Or
    Have a party at a play centre (this I’m a little unsure about, are they a little old for that..)

    Or any other suggestions?
    I’m really not sure what to do.. DS was at a party on the weekend and he wanted to be left (which was ok by the host) so not 100% sure what they did but I don’t think there was games as such, just playing.

    What food etc
    2 hours or 3 hours? Depend on where we are having it?

    We had a party when ds was 1 but that wasn’t very hard to organise lol

    Please help me [emoji51]

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Any of them sound lovely for a 5yo but if you can afford it then something out of the house would be easier.

    Comment


    • #3
      i try and do home parties where i can as paying per head other places can get rather expensive.

      Id cap it to 2hrs and do morning like 10-12 or arvo 2-4, in between proper meal times so you only need to do simple party food mot a meal.

      Comment


      • #4
        I’ll only do play centres or inflatable world if you hire the whole place as yes it’s not fun with other random kids everywhere and I like to bring my own food - But at 5 home parties are awesome, pick a theme - at 5 DS did avengers - hire the jumping castle or water slide if hot, get some bubble wands or water guns if hot , play old school games like egg and spoon, donut bobbing, pass the parcel, pin the tail and treasure hunt and do awesome party food like mini sausage rolls, mini hamburger sliders , choc crackles, honey joys , jelly cups ect

        Comment


        • #5
          I did a play centre party for DS’s 4th Birthday this year. It was expensive per head but outsourcing is my preferred option.
          No clean up at home before or after. No lingering party guests, just family we wanted to catch up with anyway who came back for coffee etc.
          Kids basically ran around and looked after themselves (with parents supervising) food was there. And after two hours it was time to go home.
          I’d cap it at 2 hours wherever you decide to have it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by amyd View Post
            Any of them sound lovely for a 5yo but if you can afford it then something out of the house would be easier.
            Thanks! I think we could afford at home. I’m not sure on how many kids is appropriate either.. (dear old anxiety makes me panic that no one will come [emoji21])

            Comment


            • #7
              I’d go with the at home party.

              Let him pick a theme now and go with it. Pinterest will be your best friend

              Ds1 had a dinosaur party at that age. We had stegosaurus cake, all the food matched in with dinosaur body parts. A dinosaur dig. IE heap of sand and mini dinosaurs made out of plaster that is made. Chucked them all
              In the sand and the kids had to dig them out like archaeologists with “special tools”, paintbrush, spade and buckets

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RmumR View Post
                i try and do home parties where i can as paying per head other places can get rather expensive.

                Id cap it to 2hrs and do morning like 10-12 or arvo 2-4, in between proper meal times so you only need to do simple party food mot a meal.
                I did think that. Where as the hire for a jumping castle and extra things wouldn’t be too bad.

                Sounds great! I was a little unsure of time and also is Saturday better or Sunday? DF has a big golf competition on all of February so will be playing every Sunday that month.. so Saturday would be safer for me but Sunday arvo is ok (is Sunday considered like a family day?)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RmumR View Post
                  .
                  I did think that. Where as the hire for a jumping castle and extra things wouldn’t be too bad.

                  Sounds great! I was a little unsure of time and also is Saturday better or Sunday? DF has a big golf competition on all of February so will be playing every Sunday that month.. so Saturday would be safer for me but Sunday arvo is ok (is Sunday considered like a family day?)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
                    I’ll only do play centres or inflatable world if you hire the whole place as yes it’s not fun with other random kids everywhere and I like to bring my own food - But at 5 home parties are awesome, pick a theme - at 5 DS did avengers - hire the jumping castle or water slide if hot, get some bubble wands or water guns if hot , play old school games like egg and spoon, donut bobbing, pass the parcel, pin the tail and treasure hunt and do awesome party food like mini sausage rolls, mini hamburger sliders , choc crackles, honey joys , jelly cups ect
                    That’s a big worry for me - especially not knowing these children well what if one runs off and lose them in the crowd [emoji21] I’d hate for the kids at the party to not be able to play properly.

                    I did think ds would love picking a theme (avengers would be high on his list haha) I love the ideas there! Water guns etc sound like a lot of fun! How many party games would be acceptable for 5 year olds? I’d hate for them to get bored and lose interest!
                    Ok awesome! Normal party food! I was a little paranoid times had changed too much with party food lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I’d only do 2/3 games max they will run around and you might not even end up doing them

                      IMG_1126.jpg IMG_1127.jpgIMG_1128.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by babybeeno1 View Post
                        I’d only do 2/3 games max they will run around and you might not even end up doing them

                        [ATTACH]98518[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]98519[/ATTACH][ATTACH]98520[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks!! 2 or 3 seems like a good amount. That’s fair! They may be too busy lol
                        Wow they are awesome!! Thank you!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Either day is fine if you give plenty of notice.

                          Start a list and see how many you get up to. Theres always some who cant come or drop out last minute so invite 2 or so extras is my general thing to do with a home party though for a 5yr old 8-10 is prob a good maximum.lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Your welcome

                            Alway eBay will be your friend to buy stuff aswell but get ds to pick his theme sooner rather then later and you need to allow time for postage etc as some sellers could be overseas

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              WWYD? Birthday party

                              Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
                              That’s a big worry for me - especially not knowing these children well what if one runs off and lose them in the crowd [emoji21] I’d hate for the kids at the party to not be able to play properly.

                              I did think ds would love picking a theme (avengers would be high on his list haha) I love the ideas there! Water guns etc sound like a lot of fun! How many party games would be acceptable for 5 year olds? I’d hate for them to get bored and lose interest!
                              Ok awesome! Normal party food! I was a little paranoid times had changed too much with party food lol
                              I would have a few games prepared but honestly with a jumping castle and water and being dressed up they definitely won’t be bored!!
                              These are a few things I did for party food ( I do go overboard but they are all quite easy!)

                              IMG_8636.jpg
                              Captain America strawberry/marshmallow shield with passion fruit fondue
                              IMG_8830.jpg
                              Hawkeys dip sticks and Thor’s cheese/pretzel hammers
                              IMG_8634.jpg
                              Superhero jelly cups
                              IMG_8828.jpg
                              Hulks peppermint Oreo cheesecake cups with superhero chicken sliders behind
                              IMG_8822.jpg
                              Batman fairy bread (used a bat cookie cutter)
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X