This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Cakes

Ok not sure if this will work, but thought I'd start this post to give other mummies, ideas for birthday cakes for their kids birthdays.....

http://robert-balke007.spaces.live.com/?_c11_PhotoAlbum

Only way I could find to do it.....there are 3 photos....I designed and made the cake with a little help from my sister....worked out well....

Anyone can add links to their pics, and discuss on techniques or whatever...........have a yummy time looking....hahaha
    Last edited by subaruforestermum; 16-08-2006, 00:37.

OMG all you mummy's put me to shame with the birthday cakes wow i have two months to come up with something super for number 2 now

that is awesome SUBBYYYYYYYYY

Comment

wow that is one awesome cake!

Comment

Awesome cake! I'm hoping to make a Number 1 for DS's birthday, bit worried at how its going to turn out lol!

Comment

great cake!!

I have found a great cake book...its great for very basic to very elaborate...and a huge range of options

women's weekly KIDS party cakes

http://www.capersbookstore.com.au/sc...=aut&item=2104

I put this link in, just to show you what the cover looks like...it can be bought at most newsagents for $24.95 (worth every penny)

Comment

wow thats a great cake. Here is a good site i found when i was thinking about ds 5th bday but i have decided to do it the easy way and get a wendys ice cream cake.
            http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/spec...nder-birthday/

Comment

thats an awesome cake.

[text deleted by moderator] i love making cakes and am soooooo looking forward to making bday cakes for DS.

i am the cake maker in my family. my nephew recently asked me if i would make his 6th birthday cake for him. he loved it.
              Last edited by rynosmum; 16-08-2006, 21:05. Reason: No advertising please

Comment

Thats an awesome cake!!!!!

Comment

What an awesome cake, SFM!!! Well done!

I was really slack on the weekend (DD's birthday) and just ordered a slab chocolate sponge cake from Woolies for $22 - they decorated it with strawberries, jam and cream. Great value I thought (around the size of an A4 sheet of paper) - and yummy!

If I was creative I'd make my own, but sometimes it's waaaay too hard and can't find enough time!

Comment

Nice cake
                    I love making B'day cakes, I offer to do everyones & anyones that metions a B'day My DD is 2 in 10 days so I have a great idea for that.
                    I will post some of my pics when I have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mum2Jacob View Post
                      Awesome cake! I'm hoping to make a Number 1 for DS's birthday, bit worried at how its going to turn out lol!
                      M2J
                      Easy I will email you a pic of the one I did

Comment

Wow...Thats a cool cake sbf....I might have to pinch your idea...It looks quite easy for me who is the worlds worse cook !!

Comment

Thanks ladies, I made a trial cake, on a smaller scale a week before hand so I knew how it would work out, and perfect any errors or mistakes I made........

Was so stressed it wasn't going to work, but yay....it did

Keep posting ideas ladies, cos I'm sure that there are lots like me, who at first are stuck for ideas........

Comment

That cake is soo cool...and a bit freaky too- i'm doing a balloon cake for DS 1st b'day at the end of Sept.

We're having a balloon theme. I've had balloon magnetic invites made, and arranged for lots of balloon decorations. I am planning on having a balloon cake- i've done a trial of the actual cake itself- a mud cake. I plan on having 3 balloons and they will all be holding a number 1 cake (which is a pre-made donut cake from donut king).

Subaruforestermum- how did you make your icing? How did you make the stars? How did u make the lettering for happy birthday?

Well done!!

Mrs Little & Son.

Comment

How hard is it to make that icing subaruforestermum?

mrs Little & Son.

Comment

Working...
                              X