Unusual comfort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual comfort

We all know babies like to be fed, rocked, patted, prammed, cared etc to sleep...but does anyone's bub have a really unusual desire when it comes to sleepy time? Or what does your self-soother do to comfort themselves?

Not sure what I have in mind really....DS has always been a feeder to sleeper but went through a stage of liking to be kissed on the hand while he fell asleep and at the moment he enjoys sticking his fingers up my nose whilst he is dosing off.

I've heard of weirder things though, like wanting to play with their mom's moles or always having to sleep in long sleeves because they are like a blankie to bub. Bring on the stories!

Unusual comfort

My first born was a thumb sucker so that's not very unusual but he was a self soother from early on and struggles to fall asleep if I'm there with him.

My second born likes to play with my hair though and it drives me nuts!!

Comment

Unusual comfort

Dd has to suck on the ears of this toy pig.
      She just randomly started doing it one night whilst Dh was holding her whilst we were watching tv, ever since she has been an excellent sleeper, we had one night where she threw up in her cot and piggy was in the line of fire!
      At 2am she wouldn't go back to bed until piggy was out of the drier
      She is 21mo.

We also give her a bottle before bed, and only recently when rocking her whilst giving her the bottle she will stroke my hair and fall asleep.

I love babies sleep habits, they are all so cute! Great thread

Comment

B still likes to play with my hair. Major source of comfort for him. I didn't realise it was even a 'thing' for him until he was about 8 months, fell and hurt himself and the first thing he went for was my hair!

Comment

After I night weaned my DS2 his new sleep comforter was holding my nipples!! It drove me mental and I had to try and wean him off that as well and move his comfort spot to my upper chest instead!

My bestie's DD used to have to rub her mum's eyelashes to fall asleep! How annoying would that be!

Comment

Unusual comfort

DD2 went through a stage of wanting to hold my hand while she fell asleep. Super sweet in theory, but not so much in the middle of the night. Every night.

She also went through a phase of grabbing and holding a fistful of hair at the nape of my neck, which was also annoying.

Now, she tends to roll on her side and hold her hands together.

Comment

Originally posted by CMF View Post
              After I night weaned my DS2 his new sleep comforter was holding my nipples!! It drove me mental and I had to try and wean him off that as well and move his comfort spot to my upper chest instead!

My bestie's DD used to have to rub her mum's eyelashes to fall asleep! How annoying would that be!
              OMG DS found my "spare" nipple while he was nursing on the other one time and wouldn't stop giggling. Since then has always wanted to touch them. The cuteness wore off real quick though as I can't stand the feeling of my nipples being played with!

Comment

Originally posted by CMF View Post
                My DS used to do that too!! Now he loves holding on to my elbow - not my bent elbow, it definitely has to be straight lol

Comment

Unusual comfort

My DDs comfort was hair, she would wind it around her fingers and make it almost impossible for me to break free, even now she uses hair as comfort, but luckily hers is long enough and she holds her own to get to sleep.

Kinda cute that she's kept it all year years 😄

Comment

My DD (happily) squeals herself to sleep. It's the funniest thing and I'm yet to find another baby that does it! She's 5 months and has really found her voice.

Comment

not really unusual but my dd sucks on her two fingers. She's a tummy sleeper and does a sideways bum wriggle untill she falls asleep.
                      When i was a bub, I used to find peoples bra straps and hold them while i fell asleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X